Love is in a small world.

running4life

running4life

A story about a guy (I'll call him Mac). Mac use to live 2 blocks with his mom from where I did growing up. I remember seeing him and thinking "wow, he's handsome." I worked for 4 years with his father. Then i got a new job and worked with his uncle. I left the job with his uncle attempting a state job and his mom tried to help me get hired.I'm currently friends with is family . I enjoy visiting his father and step mom. THis guy and I have gone running and hiking together and he introduced me to his friends. I look forward to spending time with him.I truly love him.I haven't told him that. To him, I'm just a friend.

He's going to college out of state with his ex girlfriend and wants to get back together with his ex girlfriend.He told me so.

I asked his mother and she claims the reason they broke up was his ex wanted to date another guy (a friend from high school that Mac knows) that didn't work out and now she wants to get back with Mac.

I love spending time with this guy and I love him...and his family is great.

What a mess. Love is strange .

Where am I at and what to do? Has anyone been here before?

Complicated situations, but never really complicated options .... ;)

Just tell him how you feel. The worst thing that can happen is he says he doesn't feel the same way, but then at least you know. If you just stay in orbit, you'll never really know unless he does the romcom 'comes to his senses and realizes the girl for him has been right there all along,' which people never actually do IRL. :)

• Author
running4life

Jen1447 Thank you for your imput...

He's a state away. How should I tell him? Randomly visit, wait until he visits home? A letter?

Plus, he said he wants to get back with his ex.His ex is a great girl, but I hurt hearing that. She broke up with him to date a friend which didn't work out.

I'd say either wait until he comes back or call him. Are you comfortable enough with him that the conversation doesn't have to be all stressful?

Be prepared emotionally to hear something you don't want to hear btw. There are no guarantees in life, but if you're really that into him you'd regret never asking more than you'd regret hearing the truth.

Redhead14
A story about a guy (I'll call him Mac). Mac use to live 2 blocks with his mom from where I did growing up. I remember seeing him and thinking "wow, he's handsome." I worked for 4 years with his father. Then i got a new job and worked with his uncle. I left the job with his uncle attempting a state job and his mom tried to help me get hired.I'm currently friends with is family . I enjoy visiting his father and step mom. THis guy and I have gone running and hiking together and he introduced me to his friends. I look forward to spending time with him.I truly love him.I haven't told him that. To him, I'm just a friend.

He's going to college out of state with his ex girlfriend and wants to get back together with his ex girlfriend.He told me so.

I asked his mother and she claims the reason they broke up was his ex wanted to date another guy (a friend from high school that Mac knows) that didn't work out and now she wants to get back with Mac.

I love spending time with this guy and I love him...and his family is great.

What a mess. Love is strange .

Where am I at and what to do? Has anyone been here before?

You can say something like "I enjoy spending time with you. I'm looking for a committed relationship with someone at some point. I'd be interested in exploring that opportunity with you." And, let him talk. Make a simple, non-pressuring statement.

• Author
running4life

jen1447 I am comfortable, I just don't want him to feel uncomfortable. I want it to be a special moment. Texting for instance isn't as loving as in person .

Redhead14 That sounds brilliant