How do I ask him if he wants to meet in person?

purplesoccer34

purplesoccer34

I found this guy online who seemed cool, so I messaged him first. He responded right away, and ever since then, we've been texting. Our conversations have been pretty long too. We started texting about 3 days ago, and I really want to meet this guy in person. He responds to all my texts with elaborate responses, but hasn't said anything about wanting to meet up.

I've never asked a guy on a date lol, so I have no idea what to say. Nothing big, just if we could go to Starbucks or something, but I have no idea how to word it?

fitnessfan365
"Hey, could we go to Starbucks or something?" Seriously. :)

:laugh::laugh::laugh: - Common sense. It should be traded in the commodities market because it's becoming more and more valuable and rare.

But be careful OP. Pay attention to a guy's actions. A guy that's confident in real life will be assertive with date planning. He won't beat around the bush with too many emails online, or texting with you for eternity. When guys do this, it's usually a pretty good indicator that they're trying to work up the nerve to meet with you. So if you do ever meet up, don't be surprised if the texting version of this guy is completely different than the real life version.

You ask him out the same way you would invite a friend. It's not complicated.

However, if you do step up to the plate and ask, keep in mind you are the one risking rejection. I say let the guy do it... most of them do anyway.

• Like 1
"Hey, could we go to Starbucks or something?" Seriously. :)

Seriously, write a book Jen :p

I swear this is how we get ourselves in so much trouble.

We're all busy over thinking it.

Just because you're attracted to someone, doesn't suddenly mean they stop being a human being.

However, if you do step up to the plate and ask, keep in mind you are the one risking rejection. I say let the guy do it... most of them do anyway.

There is nothing wrong in risking rejection. I think taking the initiative shows strength of character and a straightforwardness - no game playing.

• Like 2
I found this guy online who seemed cool, so I messaged him first. He responded right away, and ever since then, we've been texting. Our conversations have been pretty long too. We started texting about 3 days ago, and I really want to meet this guy in person. He responds to all my texts with elaborate responses, but hasn't said anything about wanting to meet up.

I've never asked a guy on a date lol, so I have no idea what to say. Nothing big, just if we could go to Starbucks or something, but I have no idea how to word it?

Simply say "I'd like to move from texting to a phone call or two and talk". When he calls you, you have a couple of conversations. If he still doesn't ask for a meet up, you can say "I've been enjoying our conversations and I don't think we have anything to lose by meeting for a cup of coffee or a drink or two." And then let him talk.

• Like 2

Yeah, ask him to call you, hear his voice. Texting? Jen said it, just do it or you'll never know. At least ask him on the phone and not texting though. Establish the simple fact that he is a male and that conversation leaves you intrigued. ;)

There is nothing wrong in risking rejection. I think taking the initiative shows strength of character and a straightforwardness - no game playing.

I don't view these kinds of things as "rejections". They simply don't want to meet the person. I don't take these as personal afronts. Rejection is too harsh a term for deciding to not meet a stranger. It can't be personal, they don't know you.

Even after the first few dates and a man didn't want to see me again, I never took it personally. I just wasn't their cup of tea. There isn't anything wrong with me and there isn't anything wrong with them. It's just the way it is.

• Like 2
I don't view these kinds of things as "rejections". They simply don't want to meet the person. I don't take these as personal afronts. Rejection is too harsh a term for deciding to not meet a stranger. It can't be personal, they don't know you.

Even after the first few dates and a man didn't want to see me again, I never took it personally. I just wasn't their cup of tea. There isn't anything wrong with me and there isn't anything wrong with them. It's just the way it is.

I also want to point out that if you view it as a "rejection" every time and are feeling that kind of "burn" after being turned down by people you haven't even met, whatever you want to call it, it builds up and causes insecurity, decline in confidence, even bitterness and then you start limiting your potential.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author
purplesoccer34

I really like this post, because it's so true. I still have to learn to not take such things personally, but when you put it like this, there really is nothing to feel bad about. There is someone for everyone.

No Phone Conversation?

• Author
purplesoccer34
No Phone Conversation?

Nah. I asked him if he wanted to meet in person, but he kept making a ton of excuses about how his schedule is so busy. We ended up making a plan to get coffee one day, but he canceled at the last minute. So I lost interest and gave up lol.

Nah. I asked him if he wanted to meet in person, but he kept making a ton of excuses about how his schedule is so busy. We ended up making a plan to get coffee one day, but he canceled at the last minute. So I lost interest and gave up lol.

Well can you atleast have one phone conversation when you meet someone online? I just don't understand all the texting