I'm dating a girl who let strange men into her hotel room?

dudewut

First off, this is my first time ever using an online forum. So as far as how to post, edit posts... I'm totally lost. I hope someone here can give me some good advice. For the sake of discretion I'll be brief.

I've been dating a girl for about two months. She's here working from another country and we met using Tinder. She has a network of friends who are also foreign that she met from her job.

Her and two of her girlfriends took a trip to another city last weekend, and I wished them a good time. I carried on as normal and when she came home I asked her about her trip. She gave me all sorts of gifts, the last one being an expensive pair of sunglasses. I asked why she had gone out of her way to get them for me, and she explained that it was no big deal because "one of the boys" who was in her hotel room had left them there. Needless to say, I declined the sunglasses.

Apparently, the story is that her friend wanted to smoke some pot (sounds innocent enough to me, I have nothing against it) and when they found some men with grass, they had the men come up to their hotel room to smoke. Well, this rubs me the wrong way. I like to go out and have fun, but I don't invite strangers into my home, or my hotel when I am out of town. It may be a cultural difference, but I expect to be treated the way I treat others. So, am I just being a jealous boyfriend or are my instincts trying to warn me of potential trouble?

As a first time poster, any and all opinions are appreciated.

Well, first and foremost, she shouldn't be doing that because it's dangerous. And incredibly careless and naive on her part. Who knows who those guys are and what they're capable of. So, she shouldn't be doing that on the basis that it's a bad decision.

Besides that, I don't see why else it would rub you the wrong way. Perhaps you're a little jealous? Maybe it makes you doubt that you can trust her? If the strangers were girls would you still feel weird about it?

She just smoked pot with them, though. It's not like they do anything physical (hopefully).

Just talk to her about how it makes you feel. And tell her to not make such stupid decisions anymore that put her safety at risk.