So I texted him again today and no response

MiaMckenz

I didn't read the 'blogs' you mention but it sounds like a classic "he isn't texting me back" scenario and the answer is always to just leave him alone.

If he's into you he'll contact you back if not then move on girl. Try to imagine it if it was the opposite situation.

People gotta learn when you are having a fight with your BF/GF for the love of everything...DO NOT TRY TO TEXT IT OUT. Pick up the phone and call initially. It sounded like immediately when the fight happened he wanted to rectify it, and instead of just talking it out and getting it out in the open you chose to be passive aggressive and ignore him. It sounds like you both are very poor communicators.

Best steps. You have reached out to him... several times. He's upset and not reaching out. You let him take the step to contact you again. Anymore reaching out and you're just going to annoy him while he's angry. When he does contact you again set up a time to meet face to face and talk.

The issue here isn't really the bed. It's the fact that you feel you are putting in a lot of effort to see him, and he's not concerned with your comfort while you are there and that makes you feel like he's concerned only about himself. You need to let him know this. Maybe it will dawn on him that his actions are coming across very selfishly and he will make an effort to get a new bed or be more understanding when you can't stay over.

Regardless a conversation needs to happen. Not short text messages that only aggravate the situation.

Best of luck!

• Like 1
fitnessfan365

First let me say that I see your side. You've tried to sleep on the futon for him and it causes you obvious discomfort. So I get it. I can honestly say that if my GF had a bed that killed my back, I would have had the same attitude and not want to spend the night either. Him trying to make you feel guilty is passive aggressive BS. So he could definitely be more sympathetic about it. Also, if he wanted to actually sleep with you and have wake up sex, etc then he should have offered to come to your place.

BUT.. You're also acting like a major brat.

1) You throw a tantrum and storm out. Then you complain that he didn't chase after you? I wouldn't have chased after you either. If you want to act like an adult and talk it out, great. But throw a temper tantrum like a toddler, and you can see yourself home.

2) He manned up and actually tried calling you to apologize. But then you ignore him, and eventually send him some lame text back? You should have at least called him. However, I think it's funny that you're complaining about him ignoring you, when you did it to him. It's called a taste of your own medicine.

So as I said, I completely see you POV and even agree with you with regards to the futon. However, you're definitely not innocent in this and have been acting like a brat with your behavior.

• Like 1
ExpatInItaly
First let me say that I see your side. You've tried to sleep on the futon for him and it causes you obvious discomfort. So I get it. I can honestly say that if my GF had a bed that killed my back, I would have had the same attitude and not want to spend the night either. Him trying to make you feel guilty is passive aggressive BS. So he could definitely be more sympathetic about it. Also, if he wanted to actually sleep with you and have wake up sex, etc then he should have offered to come to your place.

BUT.. You're also acting like a major brat.

1) You throw a tantrum and storm out. Then you complain that he didn't chase after you? I wouldn't have chased after you either. If you want to act like an adult and talk it out, great. But throw a temper tantrum like a toddler, and you can see yourself home.

2) He manned up and actually tried calling you to apologize. But then you ignore him, and eventually send him some lame text back? You should have at least called him. However, I think it's funny that you're complaining about him ignoring you, when you did it to him. It's called a taste of your own medicine.

So as I said, I completely see you POV and even agree with you with regards to the futon. However, you're definitely not innocent in this and have been acting like a brat with your behavior.

Agreed. OP, you and your boyfriend need to quit the silly games and focus on improving your communication skills. Unless you never want to have to worry about sleeping on his futon again, that is.

losangelena

Yeah, I dunno, OP.

He called and tried to apologize, and your response was A) there's not need to apologize (which is untrue, because you were bothered by how he was acting), and B) I know you tried to apologize but I wasn't having it, but now I'm over it and love you.

If I were him, I'd think, REALLY? By not picking up the phone when he attempted to make contact, to only come back and tell him all about how YOU feel, you've completely invalidated any of his thoughts or feelings. I would be pissed, too, if I tried to apologize to my BF and the tables were turned.

Leave him be for now. It is kind of ****ty of him to ignore you still after this many attempts, but I really doubt that reaching out to him again today is going to make much of a difference. Give him another day or two and see. If he still hasn't resurfaced by the end of the week, give it another try. I would also say that this seems like a pretty silly thing to break up over. How has your relationship been like as of late? Have there been other arguments like this or have things been pretty good?