Are there any 'blind date' sites?

JuneJulySeptember

JuneJulySeptember

Are there any OLD sites that are pictureless and void of things like race, height, and etc.

All you got is age, hobbies, philosophies, career, and what books/movies/music you like, etc?

I'm aware this would not be the most popular of sites :lmao:, but seriously, does anybody know if any exist or ever have or if anybody has every tried to start one up?

I don't think it would be too popular.... most people have a physical attraction bar and the first thing they want to see is a picture. Plus, if you went to meet them, how would you be able to pick them out of a crowd if you've never seen thier picture? :D

• Like 1

Last time I had a "blind date" in real life he didn't show and I ended up going out with a football team, being their mascot for the night and having a blast... Or was it a rugby team that time... I forget it was so long ago now... I think they were footballers...

• Author
JuneJulySeptember
I don't think it would be too popular.... most people have a physical attraction bar and the first thing they want to see is a picture. Plus, if you went to meet them, how would you be able to pick them out of a crowd if you've never seen thier picture? :D

I'm aware it wouldn't be too popular. But there's dating websites for all kinds of sexual tastes, homosexual and bisexual and swinging, adultery, etc.

As for how to pick them out, you tell them where you are sitting and show up on time. :) Been there, done it.

The closest to what you describe is the CL Personals. I know some people will say that it is super creepy, but I've gone to a blind date from there (ok, it wasn't "blind" because after a few e-mails we exchanged pictures). The guy was awesome, we had great dates (no sex for the record), and although it didn't work out (he decided not to proceed), I still smile thinking about him.

I guess any personal ads in newspapers etc are pictureless too.

I'm aware it wouldn't be too popular. But there's dating websites for all kinds of sexual tastes, homosexual and bisexual and swinging, adultery, etc.

As for how to pick them out, you tell them where you are sitting and show up on time. :) Been there, done it.

- Yeah, I hear you, but it's making something more complicated than it should be.

There are niche sites out there for everything, I suppose you could find some without pics. Also, some people are already doing what you suggest on mainstream sites - some don't have a pic, you could always talk to those types.

Even with blind dates set up by friends and family these days, they exchange pics.

While I agree that the person's personality is more important and looks fade, you still need some initial attraction. Wait until you meet a guy with missing teeth and I think you'll change your tune. Honestly, it's not a bright idea.

It creates some form of excitement though, like trying to imagine how the person looks like just from verbal description.

Plus 1-2 pictures also do not guarantee that one would like the looks of the person (e.g. the missing-teeth guy can easily hide this on close-mouth pictures;))

While I agree that the person's personality is more important and looks fade, you still need some initial attraction. Wait until you meet a guy with missing teeth and I think you'll change your tune. Honestly, it's not a bright idea.

• Author
JuneJulySeptember
- Yeah, I hear you, but it's making something more complicated than it should be.

There are niche sites out there for everything, I suppose you could find some without pics. Also, some people are already doing what you suggest on mainstream sites - some don't have a pic, you could always talk to those types.

Even with blind dates set up by friends and family these days, they exchange pics.

First off I'm a guy. So, if a toothless MAN showed up, you are correct. I would not be attracted.

It's obviously not for some, but I think it would be a great idea for others. I think it would attract those that share a certain mentality/perspective, and not as many would be as unattractive as you think.

I know on match, you can choose to see profiles with or without pictures. Maybe just message women without pictures and explain your stance or include that in your profile.

Is this more of a ploy to get women to "see the real you" with no knowledge of what you look like? Then meet them in person and if you like how they look, hopefully they'll overlook how you look...because they know the "real you"?

I have no doubt, either way, you and/or her will still be judging attraction on looks anyway.

Would seem a waste of time to not know what a person looks like beforehand unless you're really counting on her to "see beyond" that. Are you ready to see beyond that yourself. I mean, really.

Edited by Imported

Is this more of a ploy to get women to "see the real you" with no knowledge of what you look like?

- Some guys do exactly that... in the past, if they do not look like brad Pit, they have been able to meet more women. (I don't know how well it would work today, more people are OLD savvy).

However, there is a major problem these guys overlook... it's that physical attraction bar... a lot of women will discover within the first few minutes of meeting that they are not attracted to the man, and he will get rejected.

Here's the bottom line: Smart dating is about making connections and minimizing rejection. You should under-promise and over-deliver in your profile... that way, you suffer less rejection when you finally do meet. If you are smart, you'll put a pic in your profile.

Maybe if there was a site where you have pictures, info and all that, but instead of you messaging her or her messaging you...you have a "match-maker", that goes over all the profiles for an area and matches people up based on the match-makers opinion on yours and her's looks as well as everything else. And then you go on a date.

So it's like an actual blind date, just not a friend setting it up.

• Author
JuneJulySeptember
I know on match, you can choose to see profiles with or without pictures. Maybe just message women without pictures and explain your stance or include that in your profile.

Is this more of a ploy to get women to "see the real you" with no knowledge of what you look like? Then meet them in person and if you like how they look, hopefully they'll overlook how you look...because they know the "real you"?

I have no doubt, either way, you and/or her will still be judging attraction on looks anyway.

Would seem a waste of time to not know what a person looks like beforehand unless you're really counting on her to "see beyond" that. Are you ready to see beyond that yourself. I mean, really.

Lol, that's totally your opinion.

Why would you think you know how everybody thinks? :lmao:

I was more really trying to see if there really was such a website. You can analyze my motives all you want, but I won't.

Edited by JuneJulySeptember

Try googling blind date. Seems there are sites just for that or even add-ons to major sites like OKCupid (crazy blind date).