Is it morally wrong...

Canadian95

20 year old males have been dating 17 year old females since the beginning of humans. My father was 20 year old soldier when he started seeing my then 17 year old mother. They just celebrated their 55th anniversary.

The morality is a personal issue. Is there something inappropriate in the dynamics of the relationship?

Nah, you should be good. Just check the state laws just in case you get flack from the parental units!

The OP is Canadian. In Canada the age of sexual consent is federal. It's 16. Age difference is not a variable if over that age.

It's not morally wrong if you treat her well.

If you treat her badly, it is morally wrong...

But you won't do that, will you?

Morally long no.

Somebody said as a Canadian you are legally OK.

The problem is more life stage. At 20 do you really want to be her date to her high school prom?

OP, having passed through that part of life long ago, and having dated a 17yo as a 19yo, I found it to be perfectly healthy and normal. Yeah, I was attending college and she was still in high school but that didn't matter to us. It was good young fun. I still think fondly of her whenever I run across the nice leather belt she made for me in school shop class; still have it after all these decades. It's all part of life.

From the annals of my family's history, my uncle, who was 26 at the time, dated my aunt, who was 16 at the time, and they later got married when she turned 18. They were married for 55 years until he died and had quite a collection of children, grandchildren and great grandchildren. My aunt, now the last alive of eleven after my mom died a few years ago, continues to enjoy life, now with a new partner in her twilight years.

That's what life is all about, living. Enjoy it.

I see no problem with it . In canada it's legal. What about a 20 years old girl date who date a 30 years old man ? Is it better ? It's personnal choice !

No but it is foolish for the 20 yr old man, because if he makes her or her parents angry, they could get him in trouble.