Cheap date ideas

adiamond

Hi, going on dates is really fun. I was wondering what your fav. cheap "date" ideas are. Some dates that I've gone on that are fun are art museums, planetariums, park dates/hiking, geocaching ( this can be quite fun ), cooking together, going to movies (free and ticketed movies), eating dinner together, playing online games and watching youtube videos/movies at his house (netflix etc. ), and ice skating. I was thinking maybe going skiing , comedy club, amusement parks but those can be kind of expensive.

• Like 1

Laser Tag! Plus you can learn quite a bit about each other when you're pitted against each other in a fantasy cosmic death arena.

• Like 3

Roller skating outside with water guns. I love laser tag too. Anything where you can engage the chase response. I had a few great dates with this guy in college who put so much thought into them, they were awesome!

He had a French themed date where he made me crepes and we drank French wine, and read French literature. Another time we drank wine and joined a pick up game of intramural ice hockey. There was a scavenger hunt one that was took us all over town.

Creativity and thoughtfulness and trump any budget.

• Like 1

Parks, parks, parks. Oh, and parks. Throw a Frisbee around, kick a soccer ball, shoot water guns, etc. You can read books together, engage in philosophical discussion, take pictures. If there's a lake around, you can go fishing, ride bikes, paint self-portraits, make your own acoustic guitar music with each other, etc. Good thing about parks is that most of the stuff you need, you already should have; and if you don't, you only have to buy it once (aside from the food). Most of the cheap date ideas that I like consist of an outdoor kind of environment. I've learned that I enjoy outdoor dates more than I do enjoy indoors.

• Like 1
todreaminblue

what i love to do with dates is to talk about what we could do on dates have challenges of finding the cheapest date to go on.....

what every one said above were wonderful ideas....

midnight picnics....sunrise breakfasts on a beach....or in a park with a wicked view...up when the birds wake to see the birds that are actually around that disappear in the heat of the day.....i know that petrol is expensive but maybe a bus trip to somewhere totally new and explore ....a market with different produce from local farmers....to talk to the farmers and see how they are faring ..... pick up lunch.....fresh fruit and eat it on a bench on a pier.....

go bridge hunting take photos and make scrap books of different places you have visited with interesting shots food people you meet......take up free classes together something you learn like horticulture or bee keeping so you kill two birds with one stone....you get to learn something new and you get to be together.....do a navigating trip for a day, plan a route on a map and stop at different sites along the way .......visit big stuff....in australia we have the big banana big pineapple....

visit farms like a strawberry farm...a ginger farm........and pick them by the basket full....make preserves together when you get home......sticky fun....smilin......cook dinner together and then take it to someone you know hasnt got much money and leave it on their door step.......aquariums ....museums....art galleries...botanical gardens apiaries ......fish shops......th fish markets at dawn.......do a catch and release thing and go fishing ...hire a tinny put out crab pots then let them go.....lol...ok most guys get offended when i say can we let them go ...but they do it.....begrudgingly....picnics anywhere....peanut butter sandwiches anywhere....with ice cream after......

walk pets or exercise together.......then relax watching a movie with air popped popcorn.......so many ideas ....so much out there....community newsletters and brochures with upcoming events often have great ideas.....movies in the park and that sort of thing....or free concerts....and music...and dance groups......

Depending on where you live, there might be several free events (bands, festivals, etc) to attend. We get a leaflet every month from the city council with a list of these events - see if there's such a thing where you are.

SycamoreCircle

Depending on where you live, keep an eye on Craigslist Free. I see comedy club offerings as well as theatre tix on there sometimes.

One time I went to a free theatre performance happening in the East Village. The ad offered very little information about the show. Turned out to be a play filled with drag queens. Ha! Definitely expanded my horizons...

if you like history, check out the historical markers and museums in your county. The first is free (just takes a tank of gas), while the other may cost a slight fee. The county where I work has a historical commission (sanctioned by the state, so it's more than just a group of volunteers who cull stuff and then promote it). Anyhow, every so often they update their historical map of the county, and it's got some really cool sites. TBH, it's a goldmine, because I write for a small-town paper and it's got great story ideas/information :cool: