Once the love is lost can you fall back in love with the same person?

juanito14

This is just a question I'm curious to hear from others with experience in this. It does however, also have to do with the position I'm in now. My girlfriend and I dated for 7 months and we loved each other, but somewhere down the road about 2 months ago she started to slowly fall out of love with me. She is 25 and I am 23, both supposed to graduate from college this year. She has real difficult family issues and even if she hadn't fallen out of love with me, it would have still been very hard to be together(at least for the next 6 months till she graduates).

We fell for each other really fast and things got serious really quick. She felt like we were almost a married couple. I will admit I started to change my life to accommodate hers, and I know that was wrong. I'm sure besides her family issue it was the main reason why she felt the way she did.

She broke up with me a week before christmas and it was hard, as all breakups are. We tried staying friends and that lasted all of a week before she told me to leave her alone, which I have since. She did tell me during that for all she knows I could be the one for her. She doesn't know how she'll feel 6 months from now, or even 2 years from now. I didn't know if she was just telling me that to make me feel better though.

I know that regardless if she comes back or not I need to move on and live my own life. That's currently what I'm working on doing. I can't sit around waiting for her to come back, even though at the moment I would love for her to. I still love the girl and I think it hurts most because I know the feeling is no longer mutual.

I spoke to a mutual friend of our and he said there will be other opportunities down the road, but no matter what nothing will happen till she finishes school, which I already understood. We have a lot of mutual friends and common hobbies and interests. Its inevitable that I will see her again.

I do have one more question for you folks here on LS. The wound is still pretty fresh, but like I said we share common hobbies and friends and we live 5 minutes away from each other. If I do see her while I'm still hurting how should I at least try to act around her? I know things won't be awkward for her because thats the kind of person she is, but its gonna hurt me to see her and not be able to be as close as we once were. Would it be best to act cold around her for hurting me, or should I act like everything is okay too?

Thank you everyone for reading and sharing your thought

Heatemyheart89

Hello. It may be possible that you will fall in love again. Thing is though do you want to be with someone who has rejected you once ? As for seeing her out, if you can avoid her do it . If you are faced with her just be polite & move on .You will meet someone else .All the best .