Would you date a divorced man if his wife had run off with another man?

musicalsteve82

Well for some, divorce is an absolute deal breaker. Some don't care. And then there are still others for whom context, timeline, and details surrounding the divorce matter.

How long ago did this happen? Is the ink dry on the divorce decree and for how long? Has he done any dating since? Is he still angry and bitter about the ex, or has he forgiven and moved on from what happened?

Why would stay in a marriage if your spouse has cheated on you. So why would divorce be a deal breaker if the spouse was cheated on him in the marriage (wife run off with another man). He's not walking around with a tag saying he's Divorce which he is single again. Free to do whatever he wants. If you don't want to date a divorce man (labels) then move on and find a man who never got married. But might have been on many dates and have a lot of EX GF. So who's better to date. Someone who was loving and caring with morals (divorce guy) or a single guy who had dated many women just for fun with no morals.

• Like 2

this reminds me of Mr. Darcy in "Bridget Jones Diary". I dont see a problem if SHE was the one who left. Unless he abused her or cheated on her or something terrible.

I think of all the reasons a man could be divorced, that is the one which is least deserving of being a red flag.

I know a past divorce can be a deal breaker, but given those circumstances....

That would not be enough for me to not consider dating him.

Some men throw in with ratchet women... they don't learn their lesson until they get burned.

For the minority of people for whom divorce is a deal breaker, the reason won't matter.

Most people won't care about a divorce. Past a certain age, it's harder to find people who have never married.

Finally, no matter what the reason the marriage ended, why would someone judge a potential partner based on what that person's former spouse did?

Why would stay in a marriage if your spouse has cheated on you. So why would divorce be a deal breaker if the spouse was cheated on him in the marriage (wife run off with another man). He's not walking around with a tag saying he's Divorce which he is single again. Free to do whatever he wants. If you don't want to date a divorce man (labels) then move on and find a man who never got married. But might have been on many dates and have a lot of EX GF. So who's better to date. Someone who was loving and caring with morals (divorce guy) or a single guy who had dated many women just for fun with no morals.

So single men of a certain age are immoral and divorced men are moral... Hmmm!!

Not sure if that follows really.

I heard some won't for religious reasons, but I wonder how most people feel...

The New Testament lays out only a couple of specific reason where divorce is permissible. Jesus own words says infidelity is one reason divorce is permissible. Some that have strong religious convictions may feel divorce is unbiblical, however if the wife was not faith then it is grounds for a biblical based divorce.

Do you feel like it is a deal breaker for you? If you do because of religious reasons then you might consider that his divorce is permissible in the bible and you should feel no guilt.