How to date the busy mom, manager, and student?

jacksonww

I am used to being chased. Now I have this woman in my life who has very little time for me. She likes me and I like her but how do I cope with not seeing her? I don't want to call her every day and beg for a date in fear of her feeling stalked. I just don't know the single mom dating rules.

Originally posted by UCFKevin

If she has very little time for you, why bother?

That isn't fair..

This girl is a single Mom, a student and works.. she probably has little time for herself.

Nobody said dating a single Mom (Or Dad for that matter) is easy.. it's not. However Jackson found someone he likes and has an interest in.. and she just happens to be a single Mom but she is still a person who deserves the same courtesy and understanding as any other busy person would be afforded.

Dating a single parent isn't for everyone, and I understand that.. but again to say why bother because she is trying to make a better life for HERSELF and take care of her little person isn't reason to write her off.

Jackson.. take it slow with her.. I know it's hard at times because you want to spend time with her. Don't be afraid to call her and see how she is (she won't mind) and when it comes to asking her for a date, try to ask in advance so she has enough time to get a sitter.

My two cents

I can see how this situation would be very frustrating. But I think she can be handled the way you would handle anyone else that has a busy schedule... let her know you want to take her out and spend time with her. If she is interested, she will express that and make time for you. Otherwise, why bother? It would just get even more frustrating.

Originally posted by UCFKevin

Well, I AM a bastard...

:rolleyes:

Never said you were/are a bastard Kevin.. just said it isn't a fair view to ditch someone because they are a single parent.. and btw never said that YOU or anyone else SHOULD date a single Mom if it isn't something YOU or whom ever else would be okay with.. it's tough.

As a single mom, I can tell you that dating can be such a relief from the daily chaos of juggling everything. In time, you will enjoy the freedom of having a busy woman in your life, I'm sure its much more enjoyable than finding someone clingy! I have been with my b/f for a year now and he just moved in. Some nights I was busier than others but I always looked forward to "friday night date night!" as a fun relief from a busy week. Show you are interested, don't get jealous of her current demands, keep yourself busy as well! If it is meant to be, it will work out just fine, you will have time to go out with the guys, get stuff done around your house, and still enjoy her company when she is available.

Oh and yes, plenty of notice DOES help with getting sitters, and being understanding (and not taking it personally) if she can't get a sitter will go a long way. It isn't easy, but it is so rewarding to date someone that truly understands us and makes allowances for our situation. Our kids have to come first, if that's too hard to accept, there is nothing wrong with not dating single mothers. If its not for you, don't put the person through the anguish of finding that out months later. Don't get involved with her child too early, make sure you can handle this new situation of "she's not very available" first.

Have fun and enjoy yourselves!

• Author

Thanks for the input everyone - It was all very helpful.

I plan on sticking this one out - she and her daughter are worth it.