Girl [22F] I've [27M] been seeing is not over her ex in a foreign country....

ahoyhoy

So this girl, lets call her Katie, showed interest in me at work (same company different department) and we went out for about a month. I heard she recently broke up with her ex so I took things really slowly. But apparently within a month, she initiated sex with me. Interesting thing here is that she kept saying how bad and guilty she feels for putting me in an awkward situation as we were having sex (both sober). I didn't know at the time but when we talked afterwards she told me she is not over her ex of two years whom she met in another country. So I got mad (wasn't the smartest thing I did) and decide to cut off contact with her.

About two weeks later, at a work happy hour, she stormed off crying because I have been ignoring her all week. I apologized to her and told her I'll try to find a better way to cope with the situation. So we made up and everything was going great until she kept feeding me alcohol and getting physical (stroking my hair, holding my hand under the table) with me. She also kept telling me I shouldn't drive home since I'm drunk and since she has an extra mattress, I should stay at her place. I told her let's not do something we are both going to regret and sent her home not until she reached over and kissed me before getting into her cab.

Next week I tried getting some answers from her and she just told me that she is so sorry for putting me in a bad situation and that she is traveling to a foreign country this holiday break to get back together with her ex. I asked her if that's what he wants and she told me while he doesn't want to say it over the internet, she thinks the feeling is mutual.

So she is out of the country now until 2015 and I'm filled with unanswered questions. If she knew she wanted to get together with her ex, why did she initiate the sex and the follow up physicality? When she comes back, regardless of whether she got back together with her ex or not, I'm afraid she might try to pull the same stuff she did during work happy hour. What is you guys' analysis of the situation and what do you recommend I do?

TLDR: girl had sex with me and hit on me while not being over her ex and she is traveling to another country to make it work with him and I don't know how I should approach things when she comes back

Edited by ahoyhoy
Formatting