Should I send him a birthday text?

ShiningMoon

I dated a man for a little while last year. He disappeared on me all of the sudden.

I sent him a birthday text a few days after our last date and he never replied.

Now, his birthday is coming up and I wonder if I should send him a greetings text. I mean, I moved countries and although I've moved on, I'm thinking of doing a nice gesture.

We haven't spoken since he disappeared. He's been blocked on FB since and I changed my phone number so I highly doubt he's going to think I'm creeping. I haven't tried to reach out to me since he "ditched" me.

I'm afraid he's going to think I'm trying to "rekindle" something when it's not the case. I just send cordial birthday texts to every single one of my acquaintances.

What do you think?

I dated a man for a little while last year. He disappeared on me all of the sudden.

I sent him a birthday text a few days after our last date and he never replied.

Now, his birthday is coming up and I wonder if I should send him a greetings text. I mean, I moved countries and although I've moved on, I'm thinking of doing a nice gesture.

We haven't spoken since he disappeared. He's been blocked on FB since and I changed my phone number so I highly doubt he's going to think I'm creeping. I haven't tried to reach out to me since he "ditched" me.

I'm afraid he's going to think I'm trying to "rekindle" something when it's not the case. I just send cordial birthday texts to every single one of my acquaintances.

What do you think?

That this doesn't make much sense. He isn't anything to you. "Just someone that you used to know" Why send him anything at all? You're not friends, and never were, and he didn't care about you in the least.

Also, it does seem like you are trying to rekindle.

Don't

What you are doing is only to make YOU feel better about some situation we don't know the details. I don't know your circumstances but last October my ex sent me a happy birthday email almost a year after disappearing on me. It turned me up side down and yes I imagined he was trying to rekindle something with me. All it did is hurt me. I wished he had never done that. He did it for the same reasons you want to do it 'to be nice' because he probably fully moved on and thought it was a good idea. On my end I was still very hurt and I did not appreciate him reviving old feelings.

1. He disappeared on me all of the sudden.

2. I sent him a birthday text a few days after our last date and he never replied.

Now, his birthday is coming up and I wonder if I should send him a greetings text.

Ignoring you twice isn't enough to make you cringe at the thought of reaching out to him again? It's making me cringe. The man couldn't be bothered and here you're wanting to react out again, and it does look like you are trying to stir it up again.

• Like 5

Do not send him a text.

Since he bothered to block you on FB, he clearly doesn't want to interact with you.

Of course sending him a text will make him think you want to rekindle because that is what it looks like.

He's not part of your life. There is no need to send good wishes. Why do you even still have his phone # ? Delete it!

• Author
Do not send him a text.

Since he bothered to block you on FB, he clearly doesn't want to interact with you.

Of course sending him a text will make him think you want to rekindle because that is what it looks like.

He's not part of your life. There is no need to send good wishes. Why do you even still have his phone # ? Delete it!

I think you misread that part of my post. I'm the one who blocked him on FB after I realized he was ignoring my texts. I wanted to continue what he started.

"He's been blocked" not "I've been blocked" ;)

Why on earth would you want to send him a BD wish when he ignored your last one? It's been almost a year why is he still on your mind?

• Like 2