He wants to"talk more in person"after a serious conversation.Is he going to reject me

wildsunandmoon

wildsunandmoon

Last night I had a phone conversation with a guy that I've been seeing for almost a month and a half now.

Basically, I wanted to address an issue I had been worried about since we began to see each other. We were off to an awkward start because I had been interested in him for the longest time and my friends who happen to live with him, would try to put in a good word for me. He's known for quite some time that I was interested and finally made his move last month. We started things off on a rather sexual note and for the longest time I was confused as to what direction this "thing" was headed into.

I told him that I respected whatever we have and that I don't go off running my mouth about the intimate details of what goes on between us. I told him that he could trust me. I apologized for seeking advice before we started seeing each other from other people. Then I proceeded to say that I don't want him to feel any pressure and to take whatever we had at a pace that he's comfortable with. That I want him to develop his own feelings naturally.

He said he completely understood and apologized that I felt that way for a while. He said he knows where I am coming from and said that this is a conversation that "we should talk about more in person".

The dynamic between us is a between strange. When I visit his house, a place where all my other friends live, I usually sleep with him in his room. He embraces me, holds my hand, kisses me and sometimes, we will have sex. When we are around our friends, he's more inclined to speak to them more than he speaks to me. He doesn't go out of his way to hold a conversation with me. At times, he is affectionate with me in front of them and other times he isn't.

We had this phone conversation about 5 pm yesterday. He texted me briefly around 8 to ask about a dish I left for him to eat. When I answered him, he did not respond.

The same thing for today. I asked him if he would be interested in filling an empty spot for a cabin trip around 2 pm and he has NOT responded to me AT ALL today.

I am worried. Does this mean he is going to reject me the next time I see him and we "talk about it in person"? Should I anticipate the worst? I am so worried. Will he reject me?

I suspect he may be hoping to clear the air & set some boundaries but if you two can't balance your romance & your friendships, he may end the romance.

evanescentworld

You know, it may be a hasty conclusion to jump to, but if you'd like my honest opinion - based purely and simply on the small amount of information you have given here....

...I'd say he seems to be somewhat 'controlling'.....

He doesn't sound like he is an easy person to know and the fact you are already concerned re the dynamic, makes me worry for you. Not being interested in speaking to you in company and blowing a bit hot and cold this early in the relationship is not really good either.

If he does end this, then maybe you are dodging a bullet.

• Author
wildsunandmoon
You know, it may be a hasty conclusion to jump to, but if you'd like my honest opinion - based purely and simply on the small amount of information you have given here....

...I'd say he seems to be somewhat 'controlling'.....

The thing is, he's not controlling at all! He never stands in the way of major decision making.

If you feel this way he probably isn't that into you.

When a guy is really interested in you, you know it and you don't have to be fearful of rejection.