Sexual incompatibility = lost love?

havocser

There was a guy I was seeing a couple months back and we were talking today about how well we got along, because we really did. We had amazing chemistry together and our personalities just jived perfectly. After a few weeks of dating we had our first sleepover and it was super romantic but we had never been sexual up until this point.

He's much larger than I am as I'm maybe 5'2 and he is 6'5 so I didn't take into account that he may not.. fit. We tried a few different positions but it just wasn't happening. I still spent the night but after that it was obvious our relationship had came to a dead end and we stopped talking.

I really liked him and he really liked me and it's obvious the feelings are still there but I don't know if there's anyway around our sexual compatibility. Should I ask him out again and just try one more time?

If I was to ask him out again, I also have no idea what to say. How do you ask someone to "give it another go" after a situation like that? Especially when there's a very high possibility that it may not work. TMI - we didn't use any lube so if we do try again I would want to use that.

I was in a relationship for 3 years and have been single for the last year and am just recently getting back into the dating pool so I am so lost when it comes to any of this.

There was a guy I was seeing a couple months back and we were talking today about how well we got along, because we really did. We had amazing chemistry together and our personalities just jived perfectly. After a few weeks of dating we had our first sleepover and it was super romantic but we had never been sexual up until this point.

He's much larger than I am as I'm maybe 5'2 and he is 6'5 so I didn't take into account that he may not.. fit. We tried a few different positions but it just wasn't happening. I still spent the night but after that it was obvious our relationship had came to a dead end and we stopped talking.

I really liked him and he really liked me and it's obvious the feelings are still there but I don't know if there's anyway around our sexual compatibility. Should I ask him out again and just try one more time?

If I was to ask him out again, I also have no idea what to say. How do you ask someone to "give it another go" after a situation like that? Especially when there's a very high possibility that it may not work. TMI - we didn't use any lube so if we do try again I would want to use that.

I was in a relationship for 3 years and have been single for the last year and am just recently getting back into the dating pool so I am so lost when it comes to any of this.

If it doesn't fit

try another one

Height doesnt really matter, it should still fit... Unless you are a dried up old lady you shouldnt need lube if suitably warmed up beforehand.

• Author

Haha, no, not an old dried up lady. I'm only 26. I believe I was warmed up to a good enough degree. It just wasn't working out. Maybe it was just the night.

Haha, no, not an old dried up lady. I'm only 26. I believe I was warmed up to a good enough degree. It just wasn't working out. Maybe it was just the night.

This is a strange conversation to have online. You just have to make it fit within reason, women can acomodate most. Persevere. I've dated a girl at 5'1 and though it was a little sore the morning after for us both I think that was more to do with our overactive sex drives than the it was the size difference. She did say there was no pain with her smaller ex's but there was no fitting problems.

So how do you propose I ask him out to give it another go?

Probably something like " hey how are you? Fancy going out and giving it another go?" It isn't that complicated :cool:

• Author

So I asked him. I just threw him a text saying "hey, if you ever want to go out again, I would be down." He replied saying that it wasn't that he didn't have fun with me or that he didn't still have feelings but that our problem was not physically being able to have sex.

I told him that I think we should give it another go anyways and he said he's not opposed to trying. We're going out next Thursday. Here's to hoping!

• Like 1