How long until you make a call back/Ask for 1st date?

twistedtexan

I am recently divorced, and I havent dated or slept with another person for 12 years, so please give me a little lattitude here.

Over the weekend I attended a Fri night party at my old fraternity house. Im not too far removed from the scene as I would hang out from time to time over the past several years.

On Fri night I got to talking with this really hot-young sister. I had seen her on plenty of other occasions in the past but we never really "connected" as I was married. Anywho, as she was leaving the party I gave her a hug and went to give her a peck on the cheek and she turned and we kissed on the lips - just briefly. She had also given me her number and we talked about maybe doing something together - I cant remember exactly as I was a bit hazy at the end of the night.

On sat I saw her again at a party and after a while I saw her break free from the group she was talking to and I walked over to her and asked how she was. She was really brief with me and a girlfriend of hers showed up intantaneously and asker her to go to the bathroom with her. She said she had to go with her friend and just walked off. The whole rest of the night it was like she was avoiding me.

I dont know if its something I've done or not done. I am kinda flirty so maybe she thinks I get around or something. I have a couple of tickets to a Bela Fleck show in a week and I was thinking of asking her if she would like to go w/me. However Im not sure of what the standard protocol for call backs is. Should I just wait and see what happens next weekend in my interaction w/her before I call her back? Or should I just call her back this week and ask her out to the show?

Thanks for any feedback in advance.

~T

How old are you if you don't mind me asking? Out of the dating scene 12 years and hanging out again at Frat parties?? :confused: That seems a little scary and sad to me, :o

As for the girl, well if she avoided you all night maybe she decided she wasn't interested afterall, maybe the only way you'll know is by calling her. I guess the sooner the better...

• Author

33 - I married my college sweetheart, after dating her for 8 years. And I am definately not even the oldest person hanging around there. If I was still enrolled in College it'd be ok I guess huh? Whats wrong with upgrading at that position anyway. 24 sounds about right to me. Your only as old as your girlfriend anyway -chill. ;>)

Gotta start somewhere Barby, what/where do YOU recommend - the library, internet, etc?

~T

33 isn't that old, I just thought 12 years!!! I was thinking closer to 40 and I dunno it still seems weird that you wouldn't be hanging around people your own age, that you'd apt to hang out with younger college kids, but if it makes you happy then do it.

Call her tomorrow, that is the middle of the week, won't seem too pushy but will let her know you're interested...no I never said meet people in the "library" or "online" :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: