She confuses me, I don't know she wants to breakup

patches

Hi I was hoping you could help me with my situation. I met with my girlfriend last week and she told me that she felt like the spark in our relationship was gone and there was no mystery anymore. She said that she still wants to be with me and doesn't want to break up, She told me that she doesn't know if it is from her new job ( which she hates) or she is deficient in something.

After talking for awhile I suggested that we take a month break with no contact to decide if we wanted to continue the relationship and work on our issues. We decided that we would not see other people and would still have all the commitments of a relationship without contact. She has since started therapy 3 times a week. I was just wondering what you thought about the idea of not talking for a month?

A little extra info she is a very independent person and does not show a lot of affection I am the opposite I like to cuddle before going to bed and hold hands sometimes when taking a walk she does not like these things. Also she is very jealous over one of my friends that is a girl and believes that my friend secretly loves me.

I confronted my friend and it ended up that my girlfriend was right. I have since ended the friendship but my girlfriend is mad because I she had to tell me about it and I couldn't see it myself.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator

You seem like a weirdly passive guy.

I think the separation idea is a bold one, but I think its a bad one.

When she comes back you'll just go back to what you were before

You seem like a weirdly passive guy.

I think the separation idea is a bold one, but I think its a bad one.

When she comes back you'll just go back to what you were before

Assasda, not sure why you gotta be so rude and direct, get off your high horse.

OP if she's getting counseling it sounds like she may need some time to work on herself. Maybe the 30 days would be good for you guys. If she's the right one for you then it will all work out.

Assasda, not sure why you gotta be so rude and direct, get off your high horse.

I think it is just Assasda's personal style. I really dont think he means anything by it or is making a personal attack. It can be abrasive but I think overall he tries to help.

Either way, I never agreed with the whole concept of lets spend time apart in order to come closer together. A couple should be able to work things out without disappearing on each other. All this does is allow them to learn to distance themselves further from you. In other words, it really is a** backwards.

• Like 1