Friend sends me mixed signals.

Leblu

I and one of my friends were at a party and we met a really cool guy. He was super fun and asked us for our numbers before we left. He never called me, but friended me on facebook because we have friends in common.

He sends me a few chatty messages and then asked if I wanted to go a party with him. So, I went with him, he was fun like always and we drank quite a bit. I am Russian and we split a bottle of Vodka, so I wasn't as drunk as him. He basically asked if I wanted to go home with him. I obviously said no and we went home. He called me 5 minutes later to apologize to me.

Then the next night, I called him on my way home, we met at a bar. He was again apologetic for it. We just chatted for a while, then his friend came over and made it awkward. Basically said I was attractive, and then said we should kiss. He politely told his friend to piss off :p And then apologized and said it's not that he doesn't think it, but he has a huge crush on my other friend who was with me when we met. Apparently he had taken her to dinner once already, and I didn't know.

I mean I wasn't like smitten or anything, but I thought he was into me. Since then, he hasn't made any sexual advances towards me. However, he has asked me to do a lot of things. Hang out with him, we had dinner, granted it was me, two other girls and him.

Okay, so he also flirts with me though when we hang out. Very mildly. He texts or msges me on facebook a couple times a week or more. We do this funny belly bump thing when we meet each other (He's a little heavier) and he always gives me compliments, tells me I am a beautiful girl, but yet he never makes any moves and I know he has been on a couple dates with my friend now, but she is super busy and never really dates anyone.

The last time, he was definitely touching me a lot, when he said goodbye, he left his hand on my back for a long time and he makes very good eye contact. It's strange, most guys who act like this really like me. Am I on the back burner to my friend? She hasn't said anything to me about the two of them and she knows that we hang out too.

I think I am his back up, but other than the one time at the party he has always been respectful and a gentleman, yet flirty. I have to admit, I am interested in him, but I don't want to have any problems with my friend, and if things are working between them, I wouldn't want to interfere, but I can't tell with this guy.

Leblu,

Here is your answer;

And then apologized and said it's not that he doesn't think it, but he has a huge crush on my other friend who was with me when we met. Apparently he had taken her to dinner once already, and I didn't know.

Am I on the back burner to my friend?

I'm afraid it looks that way.

He's quite happy to use you for sex,

He basically asked if I wanted to go home with him. I obviously said no and we went home.

She gets taken out for dinner and all you get is "belly-bumps" and an offer of sex??

Don't be the 3rd wheel in this, start travelling your own road, preferably away from him.

Good luck

• Author
Leblu,

Here is your answer;

I'm afraid it looks that way.

He's quite happy to use you for sex,

She gets taken out for dinner and all you get is "belly-bumps" and an offer of sex??

Don't be the 3rd wheel in this, start travelling your own road, preferably away from him.

Good luck

It was me who started the belly bumps.. I like guys with a sense of humor and he has a bit of a belly and it's cute.

I like him as a friend too, and other than that one time where he was so drunk he fell off his bike and took a nap in the road, he has always been respectful, but just a little flirty and I wasn't sure.

I don't know, sounds like he genuinely likes you as a person and also finds you attractive. It also seems he finds your friend attractive. I think you can be his friend, don't hold up any expectations, and maybe things might cool with your friend or he simply may change his mind... Or me may watch him and your friend have a beautiful relationship, or a ****ty one.

If he flat out told you he's interested in your friend, why is he hanging around you so much? He's been on dates with your friend already, so why does he need you? I think if you hang around this guy too much it's going to complicate things. You should pull away and let him decide if it's you he wants or your friend.

• Like 1

Well I think OP likes the guy.

You should tell him that you want togo out with him sometime.

Ask him more questins about himself.

Then you can start from there.

You might want to consult your friend first before you do any of this