Parties: She was sober, I'd had a few

Hey guys, being new here, thanks for having a read and giving me your 1, 2's.

My last rejection made me really self reflect and internalise myself and what I saw in the mirror was not whom I wanted to be. So I went about changing things, lost 10's of kilo's to get a ripped and lean body, enjoyed eating healthy, watched my hygiene and had a fashion overhaul. As such, girls started noticing me more. But I was still focused on making myself into a better man. Hence when the first party I decided to go to, I was a bit rusty.

A good friend of mine bought her female friend along to the party and instant attraction, I spent the night talking to her. It was the kind of deep toned back and forth between two people mixed with flirting and teasing. She called me sweet heart throughout. Now she was not drinking but I was so my hands did get a bit touchy; playful stroke of her leg or us holding a phone or grasping hands at times. Nothing sleezy though as her being sober was always at the back of my head. I got her number too. That's all the good part.

Now being a prominent figure at the party, I had people coming past always saying hi and was the life of the party. When she had to leave and I walked her out (along with our mutual best friend), returning to the party, everyone in unison screamed out 'creeper' 'lady's man' just as a bit of banter.

So my questions;

-Was it right that I did not try to kiss her? The fact she was sober threw me off and even when she had her backs turned a friend kept gesturing me to kiss her.

-How do I kiss a girl in this scenario either? I could not find an openning.

-And judging from the reading of this, was I a creeper as such? While I do like the girl, I don't want to come across as that aggressive sleezebag.

Thanks guys.

I think if you're second guessing yourself as to whether or not you were too touchy, chances are you were. Based on what you've shared, it sounds as though you've worked to improve yourself. That's admirable. It seems as though while caught in the moment, you forgot to be respectful.

Yeah, Only you can know those things.

We cant tell you if the girl wanted to be kissed.

- If she really was into you, I dont think you'll lose any points by not doing it though.

As far as being a creeper goes. We dont know. Its all a matter of you knowing.

- If done things like, smell a woman's hair that I dont know. touch a woman's throat, bite a woman's calf.

hahaha, All these can be misinterpreted as creepy if they're unwanted.

- If wanted by the lady, they are sexy. So its all a matter of perspective

Just exactly how drunk were you? Did you conduct yourself as you would have if you were stone sober? If not, what would be different?

If I am not drinking and a guy is then I make some allowances for that (being totally plastered is not attractive though).

If he has appeared creepy at all rather than just flirty he wouldn't get my number at the end of the night.

Your friends were teasing as it was clear to them you liked her....I think.

Were they laughing or were they saying you were groping her?

• Author

Thanks guys! I'm not sure whether I am over thinking or not but yeah.

Well we spent 3/4 of the night basically together ignoring everyone else before our best friend (the one whom introduced us) grabbed her and as girls do, go on a toilet date. She's probably the first girl I've met who actually can match wit with me. The rest of the night, I was still around intermittently teasing her and whenever I did come past, she'd give all her attention to me. Yet I could not work her out as she isn't the bubbly, always laughing type I'm more use to but more aloof.

Regarding the touchy feely, I did none of that guys. It was simply hand holding, brushing across each other, my hand on her leg at times and playfully stroking her leg.

Well I'm a pretty prominent figure in our faculty besides being the guy that everyone likes; kind of like J.D. from scrubs if any of you guys have seen that show. But I do have a streak where I am cheeky with everyone so maybe they were ribbing me back for the times I had gotten them? I mean half were teasing me about how touchy I was, the other; how woman seem to love me.