Would it be alright to call her work and talk to her coworker?

VedderisBetter

VedderisBetter

Ok I know I'm obsessing about asking this girl out. I was thinking of calling her work and talking to whoever pics up the phone and asking if the girl I like is single. The other question I would ask is if this girl I like is willing to date a customer. I figured I wouldn't give my name out so if she says no, I can still get my haircut here. I know a supercuts manager and asked her if hairstylists can date clients and she said they can date whoever they want. It's still gonna be up to the individual, ultimately.

Just grow a pair and ask her out. If you skulk around beforehand, even if she says yes, you'll probably blow it later with that behavior pattern...

A better idea is to ask her directly. Once you know her a little, THEN you can call her co-workers/friends and ask about her. This will drive her wild.

A better idea is to ask her directly. Once you know her a little, THEN you can call her co-workers/friends and ask about her. This will drive her wild.

Trust me it won't.

Never had a stalker? Its horrible.

If some bloke called up my work place and started asking questions about me they would be reported and I would end up with an armed guard at home!

Equally if some strange woman called up and was asking me about the chaps then they would get a very short thrift...

It is not professional to answer personal questions about the people you work with and it is down right creepy.

May as well caulk this one up as a no, you've already blown it with your obsessing and lack of confidence.

Lol. I think you meant "chalk" not "caulk", although I like the imagery of "caulking" as it has a certain finality of the deal being "sealed"...

Lol. I think you meant "chalk" not "caulk", although I like the imagery of "caulking" as it has a certain finality of the deal being "sealed"...

No, I meant caulk, your imagery was correct. Semantics aside, the only thing worse than calling her coworkers would be to wait outside by her car.

No, I meant caulk, your imagery was correct. Semantics aside, the only thing worse than calling her coworkers would be to wait outside by her car.

or her house... start taking pictures of her and looking through her windows... calling her up at night...

*Shudder*

or her house... start taking pictures of her and looking through her windows... calling her up at night...

*Shudder*

I don't know, hanging around her house at night would probably ok if he brought a dozen roses, and maybe a box of chocolate.

Trust me it won't.

Never had a stalker? Its horrible.

If some bloke called up my work place and started asking questions about me they would be reported and I would end up with an armed guard at home!

Equally if some strange woman called up and was asking me about the chaps then they would get a very short thrift...

It is not professional to answer personal questions about the people you work with and it is down right creepy.

Who said anything about stalking. Calling her friends once the initial contact is already made, and she's has some interest, is perfectly fun.

Who said anything about stalking. Calling her friends once the initial contact is already made, and she's has some interest, is perfectly fun.

No it really isn't!!! :eek:

You can't call friends of those you have just met, you are a stranger.

• Like 1

Boundaries are important. Her work place is not where you should be discussing her personal life. Her co-workers are there to work, not fix you up.

By thinking about doing this, you seem immature. If you actually do it, it will backfire on you big time. I'd never date a man who was so clueless as to embarrass me professionally.

• Like 4
  • Author
VedderisBetter

ok I get everyone's point. I'll admit, I was in a 6.5 year relationship and so I'm trying to get used to the whole dating game again. I need to work on my playa skills I guess lol.

• Like 1
ok I get everyone's point. I'll admit, I was in a 6.5 year relationship and so I'm trying to get used to the whole dating game again. I need to work on my playa skills I guess lol.

Start by never saying "playa" again ;)

• Like 6

To be a certified playa, you must learn to do the calling the friend trick correctly, and that is only after she already knows you. I know what I am talking about. I learnt this trick from a pro playa.

I don't know, hanging around her house at night would probably ok if he brought a dozen roses, and maybe a box of chocolate.

Erm no... still not ok... even creepier

• Like 2

True players have enough confidence to speak directly to and seduce the women they want without the childishness of involving other people.

Any guy who has to go through my friends to get to me, is a little boy not a man. He also certainly doesn't have enough confidence to be a player.

Instead of trying to be a player, be a genuine good guy.

• Like 1

I'm sorry...but you're a man. Man up and ask her out. The fact that you can't even do that would make me question whether you're a strong enough man to date. Stop being a woosey boy. It's not attractive.

Well, you can't get much more creepy and obsessive than that. And you've given no thought to how embarrassing this will be for her and how unprofessional this will make her look or the fact that if another employee shares info with you it could cost them their jobs. The first rule of liking someone is thinking about their feelings instead of your own comfort zone. If you can't do that, you need to do some work on yourself and why you're so fearful.

Erm no... still not ok... even creepier

Seriously? What if he were to add some poetry? What woman wouldn't want to look out her window late at night and see a suitor lurking in the shadows.

Seriously? What if he were to add some poetry? What woman wouldn't want to look out her window late at night and see a suitor lurking in the shadows.

Me.

OP, just ask her out.

Calling her work is really creepy.

• Like 2
Sid3, do you even have a girlfriend? If so, is she less than 300 lbs?

I actually have a couple of girlfriends. And no, combined they slightly exceed 300lbs.