Is it Possible A Woman Who Rejected Me Actually Likes Me, But Is Just Shy?

Skippy89

I am a guy who works in retail. I asked out one of my co workers. She's shy/timid. When I asked her out, she smiled and said no thanks. She doesn't have any problem talking to other female and male associates. Since I asked her out, she still talks to me, but in a reserved way, compared to how she talks to everyone else. She has trouble making and maintaining eye contact with me. I can still get her to laugh and smile. When I talk to her, she doesn't try to get out of the conversation. Is it possible she likes me, but is just a little unsure?

TheNextLawyer

I can only suggest trying to go out with her and some other colleagues and being a bit more subtle as well as generally charming in the group. Making a girl maintain the conversation could mean anything - heck, she might be fed up doing the same job she does every day and you are simply less tiresome, more than anything. I personally don't believe in office romances unless you know you can be moved to another department at short notice should something develop. Keep being positive with her but don't get infatuated prematurely. Believe me, that only leads to frustration.

I think its more a case of wishful thinking for you. Nothing you wrote seems to indicate to me, she really fancies you, but is too shy to actually say yes to you. She is still talking and smiling with you still which is good that she is still cool with you and not going all awkward around you. Be happy (apart from the fact she wont go out with you) it has not made things weird between you other than her being a little bit more reserved, which is fairly common I'd say after a co-worker knocks you back and doesn't want you to think you still have a shot if you keep trying.

• Like 2

Cant tell anything with this type of information man.

Take her out to see a movie then have ice cream with her.

I know you said that you asked her out, but try not to ask her out like you want something from her, go out with her, like 2 people seeing a movie and having ice cream, then you can gauge it better