Stand up for yourself

Push_Through_It

Push_Through_It

So I've recently found myself in a situation where I allowed myself to get strung along for far,far, too long. And it's taken me until today to realize the appropriateness of that word ALLOW. Up until this moment I was approaching it the same way millions of others do and that's to think that the other person is treating me unfairly and giving me mixed signals when in actuality it was something that I was in control of the whole time and something I ALLOWED to happen by not setting boundaries.

Don't let yourself fall into the trap of being strung along without communicating what you need. Stand up for yourself and if they cant give you what it is you're looking for, walk away. And take pride in how you handled things, even if right now you're hurting.

I can honestly say that even though this situation did not play out the way that I want (I lost her) I am truly happy with my recent decisions because they came from a place of strength where I was able to openly and directly pursue my desires...It just means she is not the right person for me and therefore does not deserve any more of my affection or attention.

Push Through It!

• Like 5
  • Author
Push_Through_It

slizl - Thanks! I'm still trying to get a hang of how to set healthy boundaries in relationships, no matter what stage. Can you share with me a few of the ones you have created and why?