Should I reply to him

Thegreatestthing

Thegreatestthing

And if I was so stupid to do that what should I say?

Simple question guy one year ago called me "empty" as in just empty before saying this he was very nice to me and interested in dating me,no idea why he called me empty,I had said that I lost my spark my creativity etc etc and he said I thought you were empty long ago ,harsh words but now he is all nice to me emailing me and saying how his available for me in any way I need ,its multiple emails.

He also said that I'm a brute to him and that I have no emotions which is not true.

Are you just venting??

I dont know what you may have done to this guy. It may be true for all I know.

Just wanna get out out there in the universe... I guess

• Author
Thegreatestthing

I've never send anything mean to him except I said that talking to him was like having my teeth extracted.

Is this maybe why he saud this ,anyway I don't know if I should reply.

Lernaean_Hydra
I know this guy is my soulmate in that definite certain way that you know.

A guy who basically calls you an empty, brutish, soul-sucking emotional vampire is your...soulmate? :lmao:

Ooh...ok. Sure, fine, then why not reply to him that you'd like to rekindle your relationship and visit yet more misery and emptiness upon for a second time.

• Author
Thegreatestthing

I needed to hear that ,but it doesn't change that his one person who feels like a soulmate that deep inner knowing soulmates aren't just good people,either way should probably stay awsy if I want my self esteem.

OP said he called her empty but failed to mention that before that happened, she told him that talking to him was like pulling teeth.

Hahaha. So I think you deserve it then.

I think you should seriously contact him back them.

- Seems like a guy thats not going to take your crap.

Try not to just post here to get pity, and leave out a good chunk of the story

If after what he said to you...you think he is your soul mate - than go ahead and reply. Jump in. Either you are right and it will work out, or you are wrong and you will learn a lesson about soul mates. Either way, you'll come out ahead if it doesn't permanently emotionally scar you.

• Author
Thegreatestthing

I don't think I will reply but it doesn't change the feeling that his my soulmate,the sense of knowing ,should you just stay away from bad soulmates,

I don't think I will reply but it doesn't change the feeling that his my soulmate,the sense of knowing ,should you just stay away from bad soulmates,

Wow that's a strange way to treat a soulmate. Seriously - I think you just have a "want what you can't have" fixation with him.

There is something in your upbringing that made you feel comfortable with being treated without respect and disparaged. You are comfortable with that and it seems familiar to you and that is why you get this "soulmate" delusion. And yet part of you knows he's abusive and bad for your self-esteem. So try to stay rational here and realize that just because he seems familiar doesn't mean he's good for you and try to learn to cultivate relationships that don't center around taking a beating.

todreaminblue

i am curious to what "empty "means i would ask him what he means and to clarify what he means by empty...post his response here i am really quite curious.........sometimes it can take a guy or woman a little while to warm up ....if i think a guy si shallow i would call that empty...misconceptions happen..he was honest so now ask him to clarify honestly..and sometimes they arent meant as a put down but more a pull up...he thought you were shallow or empty and realized you werent empty....depends if you look at it as glass half full ...or half....empty.....if you like him still give him a chance ...follow your heart listen carefully to his reply on the empty thing if he clarifies and then see what your heart thinks......deb

todreaminblue
I've never send anything mean to him except I said that talking to him was like having my teeth extracted.

Is this maybe why he saud this ,anyway I don't know if I should reply.

ahh the teeth extraction comment......not so good..normally when i really like a guy its like having teeth extracted when i am confused about them and where i stand ...ill say that normally in my head though....i am not fond of dentists or the chair....in fact its one of the worst things for me to have happen is teeth extracted...i have a morbid fear of dentists...what else have you said to him that he took badly......deb

• Author
Thegreatestthing

All I said was that I didn't have feelings for him anymore,he was talking about dating I honestly didn't have feelings for him anymore,I don't think there is any excuse for what he said to me,he said in a email that the warmer he is to me the colder I am .which is true whenever he starts saying overly nice things to me I run away and don't talk to him

• Author
Thegreatestthing

I said thSt ages ago,since he's been writing to me I developed feelings for him.

I so want to reply but I want someone to say it's a bad idea,

I said thSt ages ago,since he's been writing to me I developed feelings for him.

I so want to reply but I want someone to say it's a bad idea,

It's a bad idea.

He's cruel and mean. Why would that sounds appealing to you?

• Author
Thegreatestthing

Thank you just what I needed to hear,was about to reply

It's hard cause he said that a year ago,and now he's all I want yo talk to you,I'm available for you at anytime etc etc etc he's completely different and before he made that comment he was very loving,

Thank you just what I needed to hear,was about to reply

It's hard cause he said that a year ago,and now he's all I want yo talk to you,I'm available for you at anytime etc etc etc he's completely different and before he made that comment he was very loving,

Loving and caring should be consistent. When someone goes from loving to mean to nice to cruel -- it's inconsistent and unreliable.

It's a bad idea. He's not your soulmate. You're idealizing and romanticizing this based on surface level emotions.

• Like 1