Did he mean it? Does he mean it?

cuddleme

Last night I went on a date with this guy I met a few weeks ago.

We both told each other that we were really nervous. So he took me to this really nice place for dinner and we talked and he asked me some cute questions about what my type is so i just kind of listed things that fit him and every time I listed something he was like I'm this, I'm that for the stuff I said. So when we were almost done with dinner we were thinking about what to do next, we thought since we met at a club (lol) that we would go to one just for fun. We got there early and pretty much no one was there so we talked and watched the only person dancing which was pretty amusing. But then suddenly the girl sitting next to me started talking to us asking if we're a couple and that we would be a good looking couple and stuff. so her and her friend started buying us drinks and my date got drunk later on and he asked me out. but since he was drunk I didn't really take it seriously even though he sounded serious when he asked because he wasn't super super drunk. So not I'm not sure if I should bring it up jokingly like "do you remember when you asked me out when you were drunk? lol" or something like that, we talk almost every night when he gets off work. I mean he was saying that he's everything that fits my type of guy and I really do like him.

I'm so confused on what I should do! Please help!

I don't understand the big confusion. You 2 speak each day, you met then had a date, why wouldn't he invite you on another date? Why does it sound so improbably?

Yes bring it up to him in a light matter with a little bit of humor.

What do you mean by the phrase "asked you out?" If it was to set up another date, sure he means it. Clarify the place & time while sober, just in case. If you mean he asked you to be exclusive, he probably meant it -- in vino veritas after all -- but again a sober conversation is probably warranted.

• Like 1
  • Author
What do you mean by the phrase "asked you out?" If it was to set up another date, sure he means it. Clarify the place & time while sober, just in case. If you mean he asked you to be exclusive, he probably meant it -- in vino veritas after all -- but again a sober conversation is probably warranted.

asked me out as in to be his girlfriend.

Well I'm in Japan right now visiting family and going back to california soon and he knows that.

Then it doesn't matter what he meant, you are going back and you won't have a relationship with someone that lives across the planet right?

• Author
Then it doesn't matter what he meant, you are going back and you won't have a relationship with someone that lives across the planet right?

Well I come back here often. and i would do long distance. I just want to know if he meant the stuff he said

You have to ask him. I'd keep he light because if he was that drunk, his mouth may have gotten ahead of his brain.