She deleted her dating site account after our 3rd date?

throwaway321

throwaway321

We had a fantastic date yesterday afternoon/night which ended in our 1st kiss. This morning she had sent me a text this morning about how she loved last night etc though we don't have any future plans at the moment. Curiosity got me and I noticed she had deleted her account on the site we had met and was wondering what to make of it.

Perhaps she sees things heading somewhere with you. Take it humbly, and proceed as you are. Then see what happens. :)

• Like 7

Think nothing of it.

I do that often. I make a profile, keep it up 1 week, make a couple of contacts then I delete it. If none of my contacts turn into something serious then I go back online later. I do that because I can only take online a little at the time. I cannot be on there for weeks or months like some people do.

She also might have a profile on a different site that you know nothing about.

• Like 8
  • Author
throwaway321
Think nothing of it.

I do that often. I make a profile, keep it up 1 week, make a couple of contacts then I delete it. If none of my contacts turn into something serious then I go back online later. I do that because I can only take online a little at the time. I cannot be on there for weeks or months like some people do.

I know more than likely this is the case but I'm hoping it's more than that. We only met online 3 weeks ago but she's amazing. I'm supposing it's best not to inquire with her about it but I've gone ahead and deleted my account too. Frankly she's head and shoulders more compatible with me than any of the other women I've been speaking with so here's hoping!

• Like 3

I wouldn't worry too much about it but why not ask her when you are in casual conversation? If she's open she will tell you why. I know a lot of girls only do online dating for short periods, like free trials.

todreaminblue
Perhaps she sees things heading somewhere with you. Take it humbly, and proceed as you are. Then see what happens. :)

toddles on repeat........deb

• Like 1
isisisweeping
Think nothing of it.

This. Online dating is overwhelming. I can only take it long enough to make a few contacts (2-3 days), see what happens with them and if not, wait until I can tolerate the influx again and pop it back open.

She is one of those who feels this is going somewhere and she respectfully deleted her account. She sounds like a real nice girl. Appreciate the gesture.

• Like 2
JungleLover

I don't want to be Debbie downer here but I have experienced this enough and experienced it recently. Don't put too much stock into things at this point no matter how great things feel. OLD is very dynamic. You can start to feel good after you have made it past date number 10 and not one date before then.

My most recent and familiar dance went like this:

Met her online, clicked right away, had great conversations , went out and had a great time. It was the best start I probably had in dating in probably 12 years. Things progressed to sex, very romantic dates and us telling each other how great each other is and how glad we were to have met each other. She took down her profile within days of us meeting. Went along for a month like this and every single exchange and encounter was positive and upbeat. She seemed happy. I kept waiting for date number 10. That seems to be the magic number in my experience. We planned date #10 and the night before taht date, out of no where she started sending me crazy texts. I am looking at my phone like "what!?" Things essentially ended that night out of no where but we saw each other one more time then that was it.

I was not surprised though. I was praying to avoid it this time around. This is OLD. I have these stories. They can pull the rug from under your feet at any moment or fade into oblivion at any moment so don't get your hopes up too high. I have had relationships from OLD though so it can work but you never know what you will get until you make it to about 10 dates.

• Author
throwaway321
I don't want to be Debbie downer here but I have experienced this enough and experienced it recently. Don't put too much stock into things at this point no matter how great things feel. OLD is very dynamic. You can start to feel good after you have made it past date number 10 and not one date before then.

My most recent and familiar dance went like this:

Met her online, clicked right away, had great conversations , went out and had a great time. It was the best start I probably had in dating in probably 12 years. Things progressed to sex, very romantic dates and us telling each other how great each other is and how glad we were to have met each other. She took down her profile within days of us meeting. Went along for a month like this and every single exchange and encounter was positive and upbeat. She seemed happy. I kept waiting for date number 10. That seems to be the magic number in my experience. We planned date #10 and the night before taht date, out of no where she started sending me crazy texts. I am looking at my phone like "what!?" Things essentially ended that night out of no where but we saw each other one more time then that was it.

I was not surprised though. I was praying to avoid it this time around. This is OLD. I have these stories. They can pull the rug from under your feet at any moment or fade into oblivion at any moment so don't get your hopes up too high. I have had relationships from OLD though so it can work but you never know what you will get until you make it to about 10 dates.

Thanks for the input Jungle and sorry to hear it went down that way.

I actually met my previous GF on the same site, who was actually my first date via the site, and that lasted many years. It unfortunately ended a bit back because it was long distance the prior year which became too much for her it looks like. This new lady is my first date since the breakup and is actually very similar to the ex. Just a really surreal situation for me.

it could be she likes you, the positive view.. or from what has happened to me during my OLD years was her ex came back in the picture so she deleted it and dated me till she got back together with him and then told me she met someone.. no loss though.. those types of things happen..

I met my wife on match so a good coupling does happen...

I would be very cautious at this point and date her like you have been doing.. if her ex is back in the picture that doesn't mean you can't win her over and push him aside...

• Author
throwaway321

We just set up plans for this Friday and Saturday... I really can't get enough of her!

She didn't bring up the account thing so neither will I. I'll just keep the faith things are moving along well in her mind. Thx for the input everyone :)

• Like 1
HeartbrokenNewbie

Yea shes done it to concentrate on you, not because she is head over heels (well she could be!) but because then she "pauses" the old so she doesnt lose any other interests in the meantime. I do the same thing then reactivate if it doesnt work out x

• 2 weeks later...
  • Author
throwaway321

Just... to update she ended it after the 8th date which sucks because I was really head over heels. Her reasons being she just felt she was going to be too busy, 60ish hour work weeks during Summer, even busier during the school year (grad student). I tried to tell her that was fine, I could wait, didn't need to see her that often without sounding too needy (whether the attempt was successful or not is arguable haha) but she said it wasn't fair to me, I'm a great guy, etc, and that we should both quit cold turkey before attachments grew further (unfortunately too late for in the case of one party). I could see her getting uneasy in my car (ie she was crying) so I stopped pleading, one last hug, and told her good night.

On the bright side, her dating account is still disabled so maybe she actually meant some of it haha. Short but sweet is how they would call it I guess, here's hoping to find someone else as equally great soon.

If she knew she would be busy why even get involved with you? I'm sure she saw it coming.

I never buy the "I'll be too busy to have a relationship with you" it's the it's not you it's me speech. That's my take on it. Anyways There are 7 billion people on this planet I'm sure there you will meet someone even better.

• Like 1
  • Author
throwaway321

You know, I never 'confronted' her about it myself directly but she actually brought her dating account up during the breakup stating she realized it was a huge mistake because she didn't realize how much time would actually be going into the dates. (She says her last relationship was five years ago) So feel free to read it as you want.

And yes, thank you for the support. At least this will be easier to digest than my breakup of my GF of 4 years.

You know, I never 'confronted' her about it myself directly but she actually brought her dating account up during the breakup stating she realized it was a huge mistake because she didn't realize how much time would actually be going into the dates. (She says her last relationship was five years ago) So feel free to read it as you want.

And yes, thank you for the support. At least this will be easier to digest than my breakup of my GF of 4 years.

Maybe she just like being single... 5 years is so long . I never had luck with girl being single for more than two years.

We had a fantastic date yesterday afternoon/night which ended in our 1st kiss. This morning she had sent me a text this morning about how she loved last night etc though we don't have any future plans at the moment. Curiosity got me and I noticed she had deleted her account on the site we had met and was wondering what to make of it.

I'd take it as a complement, sounds like she likes you. It's happened to me before funny enough after 3 dates. If I where you I'd bring it up in conversation to get confirmation just in the off chance she takes it off now and then.

• Author
throwaway321
Maybe she just like being single... 5 years is so long . I never had luck with girl being single for more than two years.

Interesting though haha, will keep it in mind in the future

Got another date for tomorrow, she got out of a long-term relationship a few months back so hopefully there's some more capatability on that level.