Stood up? Very depressed.

oberkeat

So, this girl I've been dating for two weeks (3 dates), and communicating with online for a month, appears to have given me the fade. On Thursday I had offered to take her out to dinner for tonight, which she initially said sounded good. However, more than 24 hours after I sent a text asking to confirm the details (restaurant, time, etc,) she still hasn't replied. These are the logistical things I'm required to know. I sent her another text earlier today, just asking if she still wanted to meet up tonight. 3 hours after that, still no reply.

I feel like I've been punched in the gut. I'm unable to get off of my couch, totally depressed and unable to think about anything but how much of a loser in dating I am. Logically, I know I should shrug and say, "oh, well. next!" But I just feel so defeated this time. It took so long to meet this girl, and the notion of having to start from scratch all over again is just exhausting. :(

Edited by oberkeat
Spelling.
JungleLover

Yep, you're dating alright. Keep at it. You will rack up wins and losses. The losses will always be more than the wins and every now and then are gut-punchers such as you describe. The alternative is being a hermit.

yep just got to get up and move on and hopefully when you win you will win big :) annoying how she just disappeared and didn't give a reason though.

• Author
yep just got to get up and move on and hopefully when you win you will win big :) annoying how she just disappeared and didn't give a reason though.

If I ever date again, I'll never pull that on someone. It makes me feel worthless, and that's something I wouldn't wish on anyone. :(

We had some heated kissing sessions, but I'm not satisfied with that, assuming I never see her again. I want a real relationship.

Edited by oberkeat

C'mon, i'm a woman and i got stood up several times. It didnt hurt me slightly abit. You're a man. Man up and get over this, especially when it comes to online dating!!

I dont tend to over-analyze when i got stood up. I only simly took it as that person is not interested in me. Move on, next on the menu.

When it comes to an appoinment, if a person doesnt comfirm the date and time with me within 1-2 hour of my message, i just take it as a pass and move on. No second chance is given unless there is a very good reason for it.

It's horrible and very rude of people to do this. Unfortunately this has become the norm with OLDing. I dated someone I met online who did that after 3 months of dating outta nowhere just disappeared. They usually come crawling back when the "better" option blows them off. Don't you DARE give her another chance. Sorry it happened but you just can't get too invested especially with OLDing.

• Author

Y'know, in the old days, I would probably have kept pursuing that girl, or kept wondering and agonizing over what just happened. Instead, I went to the gym this morning and squeezed in a moment to look at the "new matches" email before I went. I'm still disappointed, but maybe more experience in dating has helped me get back up quicker than I used to. Maybe sleeping on it helps. That, and deleting her number from my phone. ;)

• Like 1

I'm sorry she turned out to be unreliable & flaky.

Be happy you found out early before you invested too much time & energy.

Hopefully the next person you meet will have better character.