Needing some insight! This woman getting to me.

Edited this into something way shorter and way to the point.

So I met this woman at her work some months ago after a nasty breakup on a longterm relationship (4 years) and I added her on a social network. We mostly had smalltalk over the months and recently we started to bump into each other more and more often.

Sent a couple open ended invitations for her to show up at this café I am usually at, she showed up a couple times with her girl friends but we had some smalltalk and not much more (I can feel all her friends silently staring all the time). Everytime we met there was a lot of smiling and waving, but she's always with her friends so we just have some short smalltalk, but there is always some sweetness in how she addressed me, gentle touching and really good vibes.

This other day we bumped into each other while we were both with friends, we talked a bit, were touching gently and smiling, but I went somewhere for a few minutes and she wasn't there anymore. So I chatted a bit with her online after that and ended up inviting her to grab something at this event which would be in town for a few days. Also told her I'd be out of town the next days but she said "we sooo have to go" and "sure lets do it after you get back". Meanwhile I got back and waited for her to tell me when she would want to go (since she's busy with college stuff right now - finals and stuff). Having had not much for an answer I just messaged her today "hey, let's do it Sunday". She answers me telling me she was in her hometown (studies here) and would stay there for a few days. I answered about it being a pity, and felt a bit sad our meetup was pretty much not going to happen (Sunday is the last day). A few hours later she gets back to me explaining she had the chance for free ride and really really missed home and family. I just answered I understood (I do) and that there'd be more chances.

So, a bit sad about this and not really having many chances to slip in an invitation like that one without going in too strong or looking too clingy, was getting to slowly like her a lot over these months. I've been out of the real dating game for a while (two long relationships in a row). Really wanted a chance to hang out with her alone and get to know her a little better, but at a loss after this setback. Not sure if I should try to push in another invitation for something or wait to see if she will pick the initiative to make it up (since she kinda was the one who let this one slip).

Any opinions?

Edited by jjd78
Too long, straighter to the point, more objective.
todreaminblue

you have to take the plunge ask her out and see how it goes , what has happened in the past or not happened doesn't have bearing on what you do now ro the future only you acting will have bearing...if she is interested in you now, you have to move....or another guy will....so take the risk ask her to go somewhere where you planned on taking her, ask her outright if she would like to get to know you better because you would like to know her......good luck...deb