Dating for the first time in 4 years

ltomlinson81

After breaking up with my boyfriend of4 years, I am now dating again, and I need some advice.

I went out with this guy last night and we had a really good time. We had really good conversation and I like him. I think he is interested, but when I got out of the car to end the night, he didn't try to kiss me. I may have actually rushed the goodbye a little bit because I was a little nervous. He did say that he was going to call me this weekend.

Now, since I haven't dated in a long time, I am having a hard time reading the situation. If he didn't kiss me, is he not interested? I know it sounds childish, I just don't want to be wondering about this all weekend until he calls.

There are no set in stone rules when going on a first date. Just because he didn't kiss you doesn't mean he doesn't like you. I didn't kiss my ex girlfriend when we went out on our first date. I could tell she was waiting for it too but I was inexperienced with dating and really didn't know what to do. Anyways, if you feel everything went ok during the date and you were getting good vibes, I'm sure it was fine and he likes you. Some guys, like me are shy, so it might have even been that.

Chris

I haven't been on a "first date" in over 10 years (since I am now married) but I made it a point to never get too physical on a first date. (Unless I was only looking for a one night stand)

Instead if it was a woman I liked I would be polite, open doors for her, walk her to the door, etc.

I believe that if you move too fast women think you are only out for sex.

savethedrama4allama

No kiss on a first date can mean a whole bunch of things, but I wouldn't worry about it. Its probably a cross between him being nervous and not wanting to come on too strong. Most of my first dates had a hug but no kiss, doesn't mean the desire was not there.

-Savethedrama

Originally posted by ltomlinson81

After breaking up with my boyfriend of4 years, I am now dating again, and I need some advice.

I went out with this guy last night and we had a really good time. We had really good conversation and I like him. I think he is interested, but when I got out of the car to end the night, he didn't try to kiss me. I may have actually rushed the goodbye a little bit because I was a little nervous. He did say that he was going to call me this weekend.

Now, since I haven't dated in a long time, I am having a hard time reading the situation. If he didn't kiss me, is he not interested? I know it sounds childish, I just don't want to be wondering about this all weekend until he calls.

hey girl, just like you psycho women - each man is different in his ways.