Planning a date a month in advance.

Brink007

I've been seeing this girl for about a month and a half now. She has serious commitment issues considering her longest relationship in the past 6 years was 3 dates. We both have very busy schedules and only get to hang out 1-2 times per week. We've probably been on about 12 dates so I know she's interested but it seems like it affects me more than her that we don't get to see each other very often. She's very hard to read at times though. I understand her wanting to take things slow and each time we hang out we get really close and have a blast just cuddling, talking, and making out. We have a ton in common. I asked her if she wanted to go on a float trip with me a month from now with my friends and she said yes. Even though it's hard to read her at times, isn't it a very good sign for someone like her to agree to something that far into the future where we will be hanging out all weekend? I'm just trying to ease my worries and would appreciate any feedback/advice/experiences you've had. Thanks a lot!

PegNosePete

Seems fine. Why wouldn't she agree if she likes you?

You should also plan other dates in between now and then.

How do you know if she has commitment issues? A

Are you her therapist on the side too?

Try to enjoy the ride with her, rather than putting pressure on her to see you more, because youre not that secure with yourself.

Try to just enjoy the time instead of trying to "read" her and guess her every move.

I guarantee, if you put more needy pressure on her it will not be good.

• Author

Oh I've been playing it cool the entire time even though it's been hard. I don't text her very often and put the ball in her court from time to time. She told me in the beginning she doesn't like getting attached to guys although I feel like agreeing on something almost as far into the future as we've known each other means she's getting attached? Btw we're still planning things in the near future as well.

Strength in Healing

You may not be a therapist, but I am getting my doctorate in psych. My opinion? Run.

There's a reason in 6 years she doesn't make it past three dates. You one for mysteries? If you like mysteries, leave now and you'll remember it as one. Otherwise stick around and find out why she isn't relationship material.

• Author
You may not be a therapist, but I am getting my doctorate in psych. My opinion? Run.

There's a reason in 6 years she doesn't make it past three dates. You one for mysteries? If you like mysteries, leave now and you'll remember it as one. Otherwise stick around and find out why she isn't relationship material.

I can't run. I like her way too much. She's just really picky as am I. That's why she's been single for so long. We've already established we're not single anymore. We have so much in common it's scary actually. I don't understand why her continuing to date me (and putting in stone something a month from now) doesn't mean she might think I'm the right guy for her?? And she's always dropping hints about us doing things in the future. She said she wants to settle down someday. Btw she's 24 and I'm 25.

Edited by Brink007

You & She have already made it past 3 dates so that is one hurdle down.

Yes it's a good sign that she's willing to make plans a month in advance.

Don't look for problems enjoy what you have.