Guy friend has feelings for me. I don't, I don't know about the situation

nyny123

I have a guy friend that likes me very much. He says he wants me and said he has been thinking about me and stuff like that. I already told him I don't feel the same way about him but I know it doesn't stop how he feels about me. I feel so bad that I rejected him and also I know what it's like to desire someone but they don't like you back. So it gets me alittle emotional lol.

Ah, I just had a similar situation. Showed up at my doorstep with a rose and confessed his feelings for me. I am not the one to make things awkward, but it got pretty awkward. We are cordial to each other but haven't hung out or anything since, especially that I was just starting to date my new boyfriend when this happened.

Many years ago, I had a friend who also confessed his feelings for me. At the time, I was freshly out of a nasty break-up and really only wanted and needed friends. He said it was too painful for him to be just my friend and he walked out of my life forever.

I think if he'd stuck around, my feelings for him would have grown given half the chance.

I often think about him, and sometimes shed a few tears.:(

• Author
Ah, I just had a similar situation. Showed up at my doorstep with a rose and confessed his feelings for me. I am not the one to make things awkward, but it got pretty awkward. We are cordial to each other but haven't hung out or anything since, especially that I was just starting to date my new boyfriend when this happened.

It does make things awkward. I haven't seen him in a few months. I live in NY and he lives in CT which is only about 20 mins away from my town. I wonder if I should stop contacting him for a while. It's not like we talk everyday but every now and then I text him to say hello.

If you already explained to him that you do not feel the same way and he is continuing to persue the next step is too warn him that if continued you can no longer have the friendship since it had clearly changed for him.

If hes not still in pursue after you told him there was no need for the post.

Guys and girls cannot be friends. Example 2.

Yea, a lot of people will defend that they can for years, but sooner or later it will catch up. I'll also clarify that guys and girls can be friends, but at least one of them will always end up wanting more, so guy and girls can never be just friends.

This is why after getting out of a relationship with my ex fiancé, and giving her the benefit of the doubt, I learned that I will never, ever put up with this "platonic" friend BS again.

I've had a few female friends want to take it further with me. For the most part, they gave me one quick window of opportunity, then called it a day. I'm friends with them still.

On a couple of occasions I've had to be a bit firmer about wanting to be just friends, but that was when the woman wanted sex only.

Women mostly tend to have more pride then men in these matters, some men just keep blundering forward. Men could learn something from women here.