Birthday gift ideas for a NEW boyfriend

ain5053

We have been dating for 2 1/2 months, we work together, spend everyday together and are very interested in each other. He is turning 34 in 2 weeks. I know at this stage nothing big should be expected, but I still want to make a nice gesture and I don't mind spending some money.

I was thinking of getting him a new pair of Ray Ban sunglasses, but I am not sure which color he would prefer and would not want to get the wrong pair...

Or getting a cruise or something beach related (we live in Florida), but we are already going on a vacation in 3 weeks.

Or something adventurous like a skydiving lesson - but I know he is skeptical about trying it. He wants to, but is scared.

What do you think about these ideas? Too much? What other ideas would you suggest? He is interested in art, fitness, cars, tools, organizing, traveling, camping, biking. He is creative and likes about anything handy to work on, but also is a fitness freak and loves adventure. He also likes fancy brands. We are both artists and I am too very into fitness and we both like to travel - so possibly something we can do together..?

Thanks guys!

Way too much . . .

Based on your proposals I'm going to assume a certain lifestyle & based on that give you a $100 cap.

If you know what he drinks get him a bottle of that . . upgrade if you want it to be more present like. Perhaps add some nice glasses to drink in it.

Unless you know he wants to go skydiving that could be a problem.

Get him a new travel / over night bag for your upcoming trip together or a new shaving kit or even a guide book to the area & a masculine tote filled with stuff he could use on the trip.

I agree it's way too much for the birthday of a man you've been dating under 3 months. Take him out to dinner or get him a nice shirt or polo.

You could look up simulated skydiving.

Google simulated skydiving or indoor skydiving.

A guy I know arranged this as a surprise for his girlfriend and she loved it!

They videoed it too and her face was a picture! :laugh:

It won't break the bank either and it's something you can both do.

I'm not sure if they have this in Florida but if they do, you could take him to iFly. It's indoor skydiving..they put you in a wind tunnel that feels like skydiving without actually having to jump out of a plane.

Also there's something to be said about a nice romantic dinner.

• Author
You could look up simulated skydiving.

Google simulated skydiving or indoor skydiving.

A guy I know arranged this as a surprise for his girlfriend and she loved it!

They videoed it too and her face was a picture! :laugh:

It won't break the bank either and it's something you can both do.

ooh that sounds fun!

I want it to be something fun and exciting. Unfortunately, neither of us are big drinkers... So bottle is not the best idea. And for a shirt or shaving kit, he's already got plenty I wouldn't want to give him something boring. I know that an expensive gift won't scare him away or anything and I really don't mind spending some money! I just don't want it to be anything typical..... hmm..

If you wanna not spend so much money,

You can get a nice pocket knife. He sounds like the guy that would appreciate it.

- Then Dinner

- Then a long BJ.

haha that would make for a fantastic birthday for any guy IMO

Griesfootball

Find a bike trail for free and bike there together, see if there are any art shows and for the fitness part a nice under armour shirt. All three together should come under $100 and it gives him a possession gift and then also includes 2 memories.

• Author
Find a bike trail for free and bike there together, see if there are any art shows and for the fitness part a nice under armour shirt. All three together should come under $100 and it gives him a possession gift and then also includes 2 memories.

But those are the things we already do on weekends.. :( We bike and hike on weekends, exercise everyday daily, go to art shows and such things, go clothes shopping together about once a week, go adventure racing.. He already has an UNLIMITED amount of tools and gear, same with "beauty" products like shaving kits and etc.... The one thing I know we wants is a new pair of sunglasses but I am not sure which color and wouldn't want to mess up. :( I can only think of getting us another adventure, but because we already do so many fun things together it is hard to come up with something to top it.

Conventional wisdom says its too soon to spend too much money. What will you do next year to top it?

My suggestion of the shaving kit / men's toiletries bag is that he could take it on your upcoming trip. Get him one that is more luxurious then the one he already has.

If you are set on the sun glasses fine . . . .just get a gift receipt so he can return them if he wanted a different style.

We have been dating for 2 1/2 months, we work together, spend everyday together and are very interested in each other. He is turning 34 in 2 weeks. I know at this stage nothing big should be expected, but I still want to make a nice gesture and I don't mind spending some money.

I was thinking of getting him a new pair of Ray Ban sunglasses, but I am not sure which color he would prefer and would not want to get the wrong pair...

Or getting a cruise or something beach related (we live in Florida), but we are already going on a vacation in 3 weeks.

Or something adventurous like a skydiving lesson - but I know he is skeptical about trying it. He wants to, but is scared.

What do you think about these ideas? Too much? What other ideas would you suggest? He is interested in art, fitness, cars, tools, organizing, traveling, camping, biking. He is creative and likes about anything handy to work on, but also is a fitness freak and loves adventure. He also likes fancy brands. We are both artists and I am too very into fitness and we both like to travel - so possibly something we can do together..?

Thanks guys!

I wouldn't go above 50 bucks personally. It's not really about the money (although), it's just that I wouldn't want to freak the person out by going overboard.

ooh that sounds fun!

I want it to be something fun and exciting. Unfortunately, neither of us are big drinkers... So bottle is not the best idea. And for a shirt or shaving kit, he's already got plenty I wouldn't want to give him something boring. I know that an expensive gift won't scare him away or anything and I really don't mind spending some money! I just don't want it to be anything typical..... hmm..

Look up Zorbing as well...excellent fun! :)

Neither are hugely expensive in the UK..so I'm guessing they would be about the same where you are.

You can get a nice pocket knife. He sounds like the guy that would appreciate it.

- Then Dinner

- Then a long BJ.

Yep, gave my bf a pocket knife too, early on in our relationship. One of those swiss army knives. They are not cheap but can do a million things and every time he uses it he thinks of me... still... :D

He still thinks its a cool gift (and so do his friends).

And a BJ is to a guy what flowers are to a girl ;)

I think sunglasses are too hard; he really needs to try them on.

What about cuff links? Does he wear them?

I like Uncommon Goods for unique items.

What about planning a day excursion going deep sea fishing or parasailing or snorkeling or something like that?

I don't think you should spend too much at this point, given that you have only been dating under three months, but I'm not going to try to set a limit without having an idea of your income.

- Then Dinner

- Then a long BJ.

what guy wouldn't like that? though i already own a pocket knife ;)

• Author
I think sunglasses are too hard; he really needs to try them on.

What about cuff links? Does he wear them?

I like Uncommon Goods for unique items.

What about planning a day excursion going deep sea fishing or parasailing or snorkeling or something like that?

I don't think you should spend too much at this point, given that you have only been dating under three months, but I'm not going to try to set a limit without having an idea of your income.

We don't have a formal dress code at work, so I haven't ever seen him in a suit, doubt he would wear cufflinks. :D

And actually, his family is visiting this week and he is going deep sea fishing with them, and told me "we should go too sometime" so that might be too soon to go again? Not sure. And we are going on vacation in 3 weeks where we will snorkel and parasail and all that. But great ideas.

I like the zorbing idea that sounds fun. :)

And pocket knife really would be awesome if he didn't already have a million similar gadgets........ This is tough!

He also has a HUGE show collection.... But that is a bit too boring since he already buys new shoes for himself all the time. I feel like he already has everything that he likes and more.

todreaminblue

I think something you can do together is a good idea either in travel or maybe a llama....ok i want a llama for my birthday and i aint getting one so trying to talk everyone else into buying llamas...mum might cave and buy one when she moves i reckon.....sorry tangent...i have llama on the brain.......

there is this thing in oz where they have mystery flights with one airline i know of ....unknown destination that they fly you too for the day.....you have lunch and do some site seeing and then you get flown home....to em this is awesome and exciting you could go anywhere........its adventurous involves fitness .......excitement, mystery,stealth destinations walking and spending time with someone you love to me is bliss......

i think paintball and skirmishes are fun too......maybe an idea.....mystery flights though whole other level of fun......deb

• Like 1
  • Author
I think something you can do together is a good idea either in travel or maybe a llama....ok i want a llama for my birthday and i aint getting one so trying to talk everyone else into buying llamas...mum might cave and buy one when she moves i reckon.....sorry tangent...i have llama on the brain.......

there is this thing in oz where they have mystery flights with one airline i know of ....unknown destination that they fly you too for the day.....you have lunch and do some site seeing and then you get flown home....to em this is awesome and exciting you could go anywhere........its adventurous involves fitness .......excitement, mystery,stealth destinations walking and spending time with someone you love to me is bliss......

i think paintball and skirmishes are fun too......maybe an idea.....mystery flights though whole other level of fun......deb

Deb, those are all amazing ideas!!! Can you provide me with a link to this mystery flight site? Or more information?

Also paintball is an awesome idea!. Didn't think of that. I love these suggestions.

• Like 1
todreaminblue
Deb, those are all amazing ideas!!! Can you provide me with a link to this mystery flight site? Or more information?

Also paintball is an awesome idea!. Didn't think of that. I love these suggestions.

Mystery Flights & Mystery Weekend - Gift Vouchers & Bookings - (02) 9440 1455

they have packages and weekend deals too..this is an australian one but i am sure other countries would do it to...and paintball is actually a bonding thing as well, stealth all the way....smilin..couldnt talk you into a llama huh?...lol.... i hope his birthday is wonderful for you both and fond memories to laugh about all year...i luv luv surprising patners on birthdays too........smilin atcha.....deb