A married woman gave me her number today

I was grocery shopping today, and walk past a woman with a cool hairstyle and complimented her on it. We started talking, and probably talked for about 20 minutes. About 5 minutes into the conversation, she pulled out her card, unsolicited, gave me her number, and told me her and her husband are always looking for new friends.

Is there more to this? Are they in an open relationship, or looking for a threesome? I've never had a woman who was married give me her number before.

I was grocery shopping today, and walk past a woman with a cool hairstyle and complimented her on it. We started talking, and probably talked for about 20 minutes. About 5 minutes into the conversation, she pulled out her card, unsolicited, gave me her number, and told me her and her husband are always looking for new friends.

Is there more to this? Are they in an open relationship, or looking for a threesome? I've never had a woman who was married give me her number before.

Yea they're probably swingers possibly. Be careful unless your into serious mixed sex groups.

lollipopspot
told me her and her husband are always looking for new friends...

Are they in an open relationship, or looking for a threesome?

No wonder why people close off to strangers. Can't a person just think you're interesting and nice and want to hang out more? Unless she was clearly giving you other signals, don't read anything more into it at this point!

Smilecharmer

This is why married women can't try to be friends with single men.

Everything is either about romantic or sexual conquest. They can't see women as human beings who might really just want a friend. My husband warned me and now I listen. I am not friendly anymore with men I don't know.

• Like 3

She was impressed with you.

Impressed that you werent just blowing smoke up her ass about her hairstyle.

She may like you. When youre married, your sexual attraction for other people doesnt just go away, but she handled it well.

-Doesnt mean she wants to cheat with you, or swing with you or whatever

• Like 1
bubbaganoosh
No wonder why people close off to strangers. Can't a person just think you're interesting and nice and want to hang out more? Unless she was clearly giving you other signals, don't read anything more into it at this point!

Yeah to a point but the question is, does her husband know that she gave her number to a guy she just met? There lies the riddle.

• Like 1

I would assume swinger off the bat, but she could always be a salesperson (hence the business card) and want to bait you into buying something, or maybe just friendly. You never know. But the fact that she's a married woman giving you her number...I would be cautious. That's all.

Swingers for sure. I've had opportunities to tag team several guys wives with the husbands and I could never bring myself to do it.

Some of them are so "loose" that the husband will endorse the wife to go out alone and get rocked by random guys. THAT I would do...but not with her husband there.

This isn't hard. Call the number.

I'll post up the day a married woman falls all over herself introducing me to her husband as her 'new friend', as soon as I pick myself up off the floor. My problem? I actually liked some married women as 'friends', meaning platonic friends. Screwed that pooch royally.

Anyway, OP, live more and analyze less, of course steadfastedly remaining true to your own boundaries. Good luck!

She is friendly and nice!

That's it!

Unless you see something dirty in her way of talking or hints ...I don't see why you assume she is trying to do something bad

However, she could want to steel your organs ...I am not kidding there many gangs out there who steel people and sell their organs

This is why married women can't try to be friends with single men.

Everything is either about romantic or sexual conquest. They can't see women as human beings who might really just want a friend. My husband warned me and now I listen. I am not friendly anymore with men I don't know.

What would be incentives for a single-and-looking man to be friends with a married woman though? The only benefit I can really think of is probably the social support and networking, but besides that, wouldn't it be a waste of time and effort for most guys looking to fulfill their biological calling?

And even if the guy was the one looking for a friend, wouldn't there be so much more complications with having a post-married female friend than a pre-married female friend even taking out any chance of romantic inclinations from either side? (post, as in friends after her marriage, and pre, as in friends before her marriage)

and when you factor in a chance of the guy eventually falling for the woman and wasting years of his life pining away unable to get away because she relies on his social support as a friend...

There's literally nothing but dead ends for the guy befriending a married woman unless he's not into women.

Grumpybutfun
What would be incentives for a single-and-looking man to be friends with a married woman though? The only benefit I can really think of is probably the social support and networking, but besides that, wouldn't it be a waste of time and effort for most guys looking to fulfill their biological calling?

And even if the guy was the one looking for a friend, wouldn't there be so much more complications with having a post-married female friend than a pre-married female friend even taking out any chance of romantic inclinations from either side? (post, as in friends after her marriage, and pre, as in friends before her marriage)

and when you factor in a chance of the guy eventually falling for the woman and wasting years of his life pining away unable to get away because she relies on his social support as a friend...

There's literally nothing but dead ends for the guy befriending a married woman unless he's not into women.

I'm smiling because my wife has match-made so many young men with her friends, cousins, gfs, nieces, daughters that this is just funny. Of course, my wife knows how to say I'm married and my husband will kill you if you think I'm flirting or swinging. Plus, no man wants to swing with me...I'm a mule. Get your mind out of gutter...I meant it the other way.

G

I'm smiling because my wife has match-made so many young men with her friends, cousins, gfs, nieces, daughters that this is just funny. Of course, my wife knows how to say I'm married and my husband will kill you if you think I'm flirting or swinging. Plus, no man wants to swing with me...I'm a mule. Get your mind out of gutter...I meant it the other way.

G

Lol I suppose that fixes the problem of being the 3rd wheel... just make it two pairs and call it even :laugh:

I suppose family friends are different from individuals' friends. So many languages need more words for "friend".... so much variety in expectations and assumptions :o

Smilecharmer
Lol I suppose that fixes the problem of being the 3rd wheel... just make it two pairs and call it even :laugh:

I suppose family friends are different from individuals' friends. So many languages need more words for "friend".... so much variety in expectations and assumptions :o

I have no idea what your opinion is? What are you saying? Are you saying women who are married are crap unless they want to hook up? We all want to to know? Men and women can't be friends no matter what unless there is sex or romance right? Men shouldn't expect women to be human beings whom they can be friends. I know the answer, my husband told me ...men are completely without any ability to be friends with women unless they find them ugly or have no sexual interest in them. It is ok as long as they know. This thread is about some dude wanting to think because some mRried woman was nice to him it is a swinging situation.....:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Boys are dumb. No we are dumb for thinking men ever mature.

Edited by Smilecharmer
I have no idea what your opinion is? What are you saying? Are you saying women who are married are crap unless they want to hook up? We all want to to know? Men and women can't be friends no matter what unless there is sex or romance right? Men shouldn't expect women to be human beings whom they can be friends. I know the answer, my husband told me ...men are completely without any ability to be friends with women unless they find them ugly or have no sexual interest in them. It is ok as long as they know. This thread is about some dude wanting to think because some mRried woman was nice to him it is a swinging situation.....:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Boys are dumb. No we are dumb for thinking men ever mature.

ummm, no. I was wondering what you thought was the thought process a single-and-looking man has when befriending a married woman. What I was confused on and that grumpy elaborated on was that sometimes married couples want buddies, and that's what the OP situation was about.

Family friends are different from an individual's friends, even if they sometimes happen to be the same person. That's what my last statement was talking about.... the vagueness of the word "friend" that leads to misconceptions whether in LS forums or irl.

• Like 1

The business card may be a clue. What kind of business is it and what does she do?

I have heard repeatedly for almost all of my life from women that men are pigs and dogs and only want one thing. That's what they say. I met thousands of men in my life and this turned out to not be true.

I have heard repeatedly from women in my life that men are weak because women can talk them into sex so easily. That's what they said. Women - can talk men into sex.

I have heard (and still do) that there is no such thing as truly platonic friendships with members of the opposite sex. In fact I have read that here several times. From women - repeatedly. That's what they said - they said "men and women cannot be just friends" or "Just friends, riiiiiight."

So guys read and hear these messages their whole lives and stuff like this happens. Rather than call the woman, good guy comes here looking for advice. A good old fashioned reality check, and gets hammered for being a typical man, dumb, immature, etc!

I have learned to refrain from expressing offense and outrage online. So I will just leave this for the good readers of LS.

• Like 1
She didn't want anything except to be friends. Wow, my husband is so right about men.

Don't insult men. I thought the same thing. When a married spouse approaches me and says "me and my husband/wife are always looking for new friends" they've always meant "friends" if you know what I'm saying. I mean, why say it that awkward, when people don't mean sex they just invite me to a BBQ.

• Like 1
Smilecharmer
I have heard repeatedly for almost all of my life from women that men are pigs and dogs and only want one thing. That's what they say. I met thousands of men in my life and this turned out to not be true.

I have heard repeatedly from women in my life that men are weak because women can talk them into sex so easily. That's what they said. Women - can talk men into sex.

I have heard (and still do) that there is no such thing as truly platonic friendships with members of the opposite sex. In fact I have read that here several times. From women - repeatedly. That's what they said - they said "men and women cannot be just friends" or "Just friends, riiiiiight."

So guys read and hear these messages their whole lives and stuff like this happens. Rather than call the woman, good guy comes here looking for advice. A good old fashioned reality check, and gets hammered for being a typical man, dumb, immature, etc!

I have learned to refrain from expressing offense and outrage online. So I will just leave this for the good readers of LS.

OMG, I'm sorry, I totally did that. Sorry, OP. If you think she is some pervert swinger, don't call her. Though my H was the one who told me men don't want to be "friends" with women who are already taken.

Give her a call and find out. She might not even be looking to involve the husband if it is something sexual, just letting you know you have to put up with one.

In general where there's smoke there's fire. What kind of married woman just hands her number out to a guy after 5 minutes of chatting? =/

• Like 1