Did he stand me uP?????

girllls

Ive been dating a guy for 8 weeks and in the beginning he was not great about calling...we went out every weekend though. Now he has gotten a lot better about calling. He even called me the other night to wish me luck for something. He called me friday and we chatted. He said he wanted to see me that night, but he had to pick his friend up at airport...but he'd call me...he called me at 1am and said his friends plane was late...didnt come in until midnight, and was supposed to be in at 1030. However...yesterday he had a wedding to go to and said he wanted to see me so bad, so he was going to leave early. I figured he wouldnt end up leaving, but I said ok. So he called me around 9 and told me all about the wedding and asked me if i wanted to come out and meet his friends and then come over, he wanted me to see his new dog. They were still at the reception when he called. So I said sure, and he said he'd call me when they were heading over and I could meet them there. Well by 1200 he still hadn't called, so I called him. On the second ring someone picked up but I just heard a lot of guys talking...like i had heard when he called me at the reception, so I hung up and called back and got his VM. Is this considered "standing Me up", should i be mad, should I call him todday? I really like him a lot, we have a ton in common, and he always tells me how he misses me and wants to see me. I mean, he did tell me at the beginning of the week how he had this wedding and a few of his friends were staying with him the weekend, from out of town...but...Im confused. When we go out, we have a great time...I know he's interested, but what is he doing.

I wouldn't consider this one a stand-up entirely, you didn't have a set time to meet him, arrive there, and he wasn't there. He said he would call and sounds like he got caught up in the friends-thing which is pretty understandable. I'd wait this one out and see if it becomes a pattern. Obviously the airplane-thing was out of his hands so I wouldn't count that one either. Yah it sucks and is frustrating, I do the same thing myself (get upset when I think something is a sure thing and then don't get a call or get a call that something else came up and he didn't think him & I's discussion was a sure thing) really sucks, all I ask is for a phone call, like you said. Maybe its a matter of them getting back into the habit of calling, I dunno. I'd say hang in there, if you can calmly talk about it, let him know you would have liked a call back just telling you things had changed. (the calmly part is where I screw up, HA!)

He's just having fun. Guys tend to do that. Maybe you were "stood up," maybe you weren't. It doesn't really matter what kind of label you stick on his action. Don't make a big deal of it.