Don't know if I should pursue a good guy friend of mines. Mixed emotions

Hi. The situation is I met a guy about 3 or 4 months ago from a dating/social networking site. He is a pretty much a good guy and has a son. We were interested in each other but after thinking things through about whether or not to pursue a relationship with him I decided not to because I felt in my gut he wasn't the one and we agreed to be friends. We still keep in touch and when I recently contacted him I started to feel some regret and I'm now in mixed emotions right now. He still likes me and wants to us to be together.

Frank2thepoint

Can't give you advice. You have mixed feelings. You just have to figure it out yourself.

• Like 1
you_can_not_see_me
Hi. The situation is I met a guy about 3 or 4 months ago from a dating/social networking site. He is a pretty much a good guy and has a son. We were interested in each other but after thinking things through about whether or not to pursue a relationship with him I decided not to because I felt in my gut he wasn't the one and we agreed to be friends. We still keep in touch and when I recently contacted him I started to feel some regret and I'm now in mixed emotions right now. He still likes me and wants to us to be together.

Why did you feel he "wasn't the one"?

I don't think there is such a thing as the one.

• Like 1
  • Author
Why did you feel he "wasn't the one"?

I don't think there is such a thing as the one.

I think that's true that there isn't the one. I wasn't attracted to him physically.

Frank2thepoint
I think that's true that there isn't the one. I wasn't attracted to him physically.

Okay, now we have a little more information. So why the mixed feelings then? What has changed since a few months ago? Did he become physically pleasing to you somehow?

you_can_not_see_me

haha so you were just trying to be pc about it. Well if you don't find him attractive at all, I don't think there is much you can do. Think of it this way on the long run it would hurt him more if he found out you were willing to go out with him but didn't find him attractive.

• Like 1
  • Author
Okay, now we have a little more information. So why the mixed feelings then? What has changed since a few months ago? Did he become physically pleasing to you somehow?

I have not seen him since 3 or 4 months ago. We talk via text sometimes. I always had mixed feelings about him in the beginning and I somewhat regret rejecting him. It's really hard to find a good man nowadays.

• Author
haha so you were just trying to be pc about it. Well if you don't find him attractive at all, I don't think there is much you can do. Think of it this way on the long run it would hurt him more if he found out you were willing to go out with him but didn't find him attractive.

What's pc? I forgot to add that I wasn't attracted to him