am i overthinking things?

Chowmian

Apologize in advance for the long long post

So...the story goes like this. I met this girl through a good buddy, shes from out of town but her job allows her to travel to my town every week. when we first met i felt like we hit if off pretty well, and got her number that night.

After meeting her that first time we went on several casual get togethers(i didn't think of it as a date, but i could be wrong in distinguisting between a "date" and just regular dinner). It was usually me bringing up getting together for dinner and i'd say she would say yes 70% of the time?

Long story short, recently i feel that shes not as enthusiastic when i text with her, often not repliing back my final texts, and earlier this week when i asked her out to dinner she said she would get back to me because she wasn't sure if she has to do mother's day dinner yet(again she lives out of town), however she never did get back to me. Funny enough on the night that i suggest we have dinner on i went to hang out with some of my buddies late at night and she happened to be with the group cause another friend of ours asked her to join.

The next morning she sent me a text asking if i got home fine and saying she was sorry for not saying bye when she left that night.(yea she didn't)

i would've thought that shes not interested anymore given the enthusiasm of her text replies but this most recent text just gets me wondering if i'm over thinking things

Would appreciate if someone could give some insight

Tks!

halfcrazed_i

Well... the difficulty with your situation is that she probably doesn't know where she stands with you. As you said yourself, every time you guys got together, it seems pretty casual and not date-like.

Having said that, maybe she's feeling a little confused with your intentions too. Sure, you may be asking her out a lot... but that can mean anything (or nothing), right?

You should speak to her and let her know what you're really thinking. Let her know you are genuinely interested in her -- and then try asking her out again. Maybe she lost enthusiasm going out with you because you're always with friends? I really don't know much about your situation, but just a hunch.

Try doing it differently next time she's in town. And see how she reacts.

acrosstheuniverse

Too many people tell themselves they're just 'overthinking things' when their gut sense tells them something is off with the person they're dating... don't, follow your instinct.

She doesn't sound like she's too interested anymore, to be honest, but you never know, there's a possibility that it's because she's bored of waiting around not knowing if you're trying to date her or just see her as a buddy. Nothing to lose by calling her up or texting her and telling her 'I like you and I'd like to see where things could go romantically between us... would you like to go for dinner at *place* Saturday night?' her response will clear up any confusion and at least you'll know where you stand either way.

Some folks on here think calling makes a better impression, personally I prefer texting for this kind of thing as it would make me feel less put on the spot and give me time to think over how I felt and what I wanted to respond with.

• Like 1

I can empathize a lot with your problem. I'm actually coping with the same situation right now.

I'd say give it another shot and see how she responds. The worst that happens is rejection/disinterest, which sucks, but everyone deals with it at some point or another. Plus not trying leads to the same outcome as rejection, which is no relationship at all.

On the other hand, if she reciprocates your feelings it was a chance worth taking.

• Author

thanks for the reply guys

about the calls and texting to let her know method, thanks for the suggestion but i am a strong believer of telling people these things in person, i think that is the least amount of sincerity i can show someone, but thanks again for the suggestion;)

i think i will try and be straight up with her next time i see her , let her know how i feel regardless of the answer, Sounds fair for both of us.

it's not gonna be another week till shes going to be back in town so i'll just keep our conversations casual untill i see her.

will give people an update on how things go