Guy stalking my girlfriend

Firehead94

So the other day while she was working and on her lunchbreak, this random guy in his thirties approached her by asking the time. Then she tells him the time. Then he sits like right next to her at a different table. (Btw I wasnt there this is what she told me) Then he comes up and asks for the time again, then it went on to flirting like asking her favorite color, her name, if she worked there and even introducing himself by telling his name. He was also like "nice to meet you". Then he asked her for her facebook and she lied that she deactivated it and then he asked her for her number and she just ran away saying I got to go back to work. Then he chases her saying "excuse me miss" and then my gf hides in the bathroom for the whole lunch and then when she got out, the guy was standing right in front of her workplace.

Honestly, I am quite pissed. Should I make him regret it by breaking a couple of bones? I am quite sadistic when it comes to inflicting pain so I can do it if I want to. Nothing has happened since that day(Yesterday) but just incase he comes back again, is it a good idea to stomp him down? Honestly, I just wanna chase him now and run over him with my car if I knew where he was

I hear you dude but assault charges are never a good idea.

If you are in US just equip your girlfriend with pepper spray. If she shows up and starts bugging her have her whip it out (or you if you are there) and give him 1.5 seconds to back off. If he hesitates, give him a shot of it to the face and then call the police to come get him for harassment.

Or just call the cops when he shows up and nix the pepper spray

OK I'm assuming you are just mad and not really thinking about chasing down some random stranger and risking putting yourself in jail over it right?

It could be that he got the hint and won't bother her again. If he doesn't and becomes a nuisance then she needs to tell him directly that his behavior is making her uncomfortable. If he still doesn't get the hint then she needs to contact the police.

But no... you jumping in like mario trying to save the princess isn't really going to help you out in the long run. Go take your anger out in a safer place like boxing or something. Sheesh dude! Your girlfriend is going to get hit on, she needs to learn how to manage it. If he's really that frightening, then contact the police.

No reason to be her savior in this situation. She can complain to her supervisor if it persists. Being sadistically violent won't ameliorate anything.

You sure chose the right nickname to go with your personality.

You wanna show your girlfriend what a big man you are huh?

If you act like an idiot she'll see what a hotheaded childish idiot you are.

You should be flattered, laugh it off and stop acting like some highschool bully.

She's not a possession of yours

• Like 1
ExpatInItaly

Easy, tough guy. Very bad idea. Why? Because it would likely have consequences for your girlfriend. If you did something so foolish as attempt to hurt this guy, he could take it out on her. Give your head and shake and consider that.

Tell her to report him to the police.

Seems like she's just running away.... wouldn't it be better to have her tell him that she's seeing someone instead? Or just get her to wear a ring or something if u wanna be more subtle.

Smilecharmer

Let her handle it....it may have been just the one time and she has other options rather than you jumping in there and beating the guy to a pulp and going to jail. Are you sure you aren't just looking for a row? Maybe try boxing or kickboxing for your aggression?

Your GF needs to be a bit more assertive. The guy was clearly creepy & over the top but she could have easily defused the situation by simply stating I'm not interested & I have a BF. Remind her of that so she can deescalate situations before the get to the point where you want to commit a crime to remedy the matters.

• Like 3
Your GF needs to be a bit more assertive. The guy was clearly creepy & over the top but she could have easily defused the situation by simply stating I'm not interested & I have a BF. Remind her of that so she can deescalate situations before the get to the point where you want to commit a crime to remedy the matters.

I was going to say exactly the same thing.

A woman has to learn how to handle these situations. She should have given him the brush off rather than keep having the conversation. Who runs off and hides in loos? She should have told him to get lost in a polite way at the very beginning. She is an adult.

Firstly, how would you even find this random stranger?

Secondly, what he did was not stalking.

And finally, grow the fk up.

Your girlfriend sat there and chatted to him, answering his questions...her favourite colour, where she worked etc. He was flirting? So was she by the sounds of things. He then asked for her Facebook and instead of declining and stating that she has a boyfriend, she said she couldn't connect with him via this method because she deactivated it. He probably thought he had a chance with her, and she didn't state otherwise. Your girlfriend would know how much of an immature hot-head you are, and she probably enjoys this. So she comes home and harps on about her terrible stalker...lol, please. I wouldn't be surprised if she has blown this whole situation up just to validate herself with your display of jealous, protective rage.

Girls that are with guys like you generally have some issues - not intending to offend, but just calling it how I see it. You seem proud of your ability to physically injure others, but I will tell you now...in this instance it is just sad. How juvenile and uncivilised.

Once again - grow up, kid.

I responded to what you wrote...how else would I know the situation? Although, I can see that articulating your thoughts like an adult is hardly your strong point (now you've started the name calling and ad hominems too...how cute), so I will forgive you for the misunderstanding ;)

Anger? Lol, no. Guess reading comprehension isn't your strong point either huh. But hey, at least you're good at sadistically hurting random strangers...so not all is lost!

People like you just make me laugh, and feel extra grateful for the parents and upbringing that I was so fortunate to have.

Edited by almond
No reason to be her savior in this situation. She can complain to her supervisor if it persists. Being sadistically violent won't ameliorate anything.

I'm sure she can handle this on her own, however sweet your protective impulses may be. It's best not to try and "save" women, or it may become an endless cycle.

Honestly, I am quite pissed. Should I make him regret it by breaking a couple of bones? I am quite sadistic when it comes to inflicting pain so I can do it if I want to.

It sounds like if your girlfriend should run away while crying hysterically from anyone, it should be from you.

So the other day while she was working and on her lunchbreak, this random guy in his thirties approached her by asking the time. Then she tells him the time. Then he sits like right next to her at a different table. (Btw I wasnt there this is what she told me) Then he comes up and asks for the time again, then it went on to flirting like asking her favorite color, her name, if she worked there and even introducing himself by telling his name. He was also like "nice to meet you". Then he asked her for her facebook and she lied that she deactivated it and then he asked her for her number and she just ran away saying I got to go back to work. Then he chases her saying "excuse me miss" and then my gf hides in the bathroom for the whole lunch and then when she got out, the guy was standing right in front of her workplace.

Honestly, I am quite pissed. Should I make him regret it by breaking a couple of bones? I am quite sadistic when it comes to inflicting pain so I can do it if I want to. Nothing has happened since that day(Yesterday) but just incase he comes back again, is it a good idea to stomp him down? Honestly, I just wanna chase him now and run over him with my car if I knew where he was

Take her to the shooting range to relieve some stress! Ask her to wear a fake wedding ring.

bubbaganoosh

Funny thing is, that in this world, there's always someone whose a bigger bad ass than you and a lot of times you don't know that until you find yourself on the ground looking up.

Tell your girlfriend to call the police if he's bothering her or like someone said pepper spray his ass. Or better yet, tell the guy to shove off.

truth_seeker

Are you sure she is telling the whole truth? The story seems a bit over the top. Almost like she feels guilty for flirting with the guy, liking him, and in turn is trying to alleviate her guilt by putting the blame on this guy for hitting on her.

Then again, maybe the OP is making this story up?

Have to agree with what someone said above... the guy sat down next to her and chatted her up for a few minutes, then she "ran away" and hid in the restroom? If the guy was calling after her it's probably because he was concerned by her erratic behavior. This in no way constitutes stalking.

What is she, like 15? 'Cause this sounds like the sort of embellished story that a teenage girl would make up for attention.

"Like, this totally creepy guy, like, totally sat down and started talking to me. And then I, like, got up and went to the bathroom, and when I came back out he was still there. So I, like, totally ran away." *does the hair flip*

• Like 1
dispatch3d

Yeah this is pretty ridiculous. Its definitely weird the guy was "waiting" for her when she "hid" in the bathroom. That said, telling the guy she has a boyfriend is a lot easier than what she did.

As far as hunting the guy down to teach him a lesson, that is really retarded. The gf should be able to repel advances a lot easier than u having to resort to that.

While I agree with the replies that encourage you to not bring a baseball bat with you to confront this weirdo, I do recommend you provide "presence" in addition to other things. First and foremost, is your girlfriend needs to strengthen her spine, and look this guy in the eye and say with sternness, "leave me the F alone or I will call the police." I agree 100% with her telling her supervisor the problem so they can intervene, it's their job to make sure her workplace is safe. YOUR job, give her rides home. Show up fifteen minutes before her shift ends, go in and drink your coffee, and have a book or newspaper, magazine to read so you aren't there staring at her waiting. Be in the background, present with an eye on things. Go with the flow and be watchful. If there happens to be a situation where she is being threatened, which probably won't happen if she isn't caught alone with this guy, then you intervene. In the unlikely case you would have to intervene, simply walk up to him and say with a firm voice, "leave her alone."

Girlfriend needs to learn how to handle men who make unwelcome approaches. "I'm attached" right at the beginning (second request for what time it is) usually works. If it doesn't, ignore him but stay in the public area. This needs to be done with strength, straight spine, head up, firm voice. Buy her a copy of "the Gift of Fear" by Gavin deBecker. You won't always be able to be there to protect her, so she has to learn to protect herself.