Does girl with boyfriend like me?

OhNoNotAgain

OhNoNotAgain

I really have no idea what to make of this situation, so I was hoping to get some insight from some girls.

So there's this girl I used to work with, and we ended up becoming pretty good friends. Everyone at my work knew I liked her, and I'm sure she did too. We would always be IM'ing, going out to lunch, and she was always hanging out in my cubicle. I always thought there was something between us.

Some more info... She has had a boyfriend for over a year and lives with him. Me and my ex broke up about a month ago, and this girl was really helpful to me during my breakup.

She recently quit and started working somewhere else. But she still always texts me. And since she left, I have made comments that make it pretty clear that I like her.

Here's where it gets interesting...

So I ended up going out for drinks with a bunch of people, including this girl and her boyfriend. The last couple hours we were out, she was getting kind of drunk. She kept repeating how much she missed me, and kept telling her boyfriend how much she missed me.

I was sitting next to her, with her boyfriend on the other side. And I can't even count how many times she touched my leg or my arm, and just left her hands there, even with her boyfriend right next to her. She was also doing things like coming up behind me and hugging me, touching my hair, and even kissed me on the cheek. You could tell the boyfriend was getting annoyed that she seemed to be touching me so much, and just saying how much she missed me over and over. If I was him, I would have been incredibly angry.

Then before she left, she decided to sit on my lap for a minute right in front of him. Then I ended up leaving at the same time as her and her boyfriend. On the walk out to where our cars were parked, she wanted to hold my arm instead of his. So we are walking to our cars with her holding on to me, not him (I actually started holding her hand for a minute...) We passed their car on the way to mine, and she just wanted to keep hugging me, and the boyfriend ended up just going in the car while we were hugging and saying goodbye outside. Yes I know, totally surreal. She just kept saying she didn't want me to leave.

Then, as if this all wasn't crazy enough, she texts me a few minutes after I leave them, saying, "I love you". Now the thing is, I don't know if that is a friendly "I love you" or if she meant more. I said I love her too. Then the next day I got a "sorry about last night" text, lol.

I don't know what to make of all of this. I don't know how much of it was due to her being drunk, or if being drunk let her actual feelings come out. What do you guys think? And what do I do at this point? The fact still remains that she has a boyfriend that she lives with.

While this is all happening, you didn't have the presence of mind to curb her behavior just a bit? I'm sure you could've said something subtle, to make her relax or something along those lines.

Don't pursue women that have boyfriends. If she's single, knock yourself out.

• Author
OhNoNotAgain
While this is all happening, you didn't have the presence of mind to curb her behavior just a bit? I'm sure you could've said something subtle, to make her relax or something along those lines.

Don't pursue women that have boyfriends. If she's single, knock yourself out.

I wouldn't say that I'm pursuing her. She usually initiates our texting. But I did want to make sure she knows I like her as more than a friend, without actually saying the words. I'm not going to ask her to leave her boyfriend or anything.

But as far as curbing her behavior, I'm sorry, I've liked this girl for a long time, and if she wants to hang all over me, I'm not going to be the one to put a stop to it.