eHarmony users....

I have an account there and have met a couple women from it but generally don't spend much time on there.

A few days ago I got messaged from a girl and we went through the process, and then began chatting and it was going well.

Then today I log in and all her messages and profile is nowhere to be found. I checked hidden matches and she was in there and "had moved on" LOL

I guess it was something I said :laugh:

Anyway, some that have moved on have RED borders around their profile image and some are GREEN - what does that mean?

All else is the same, some are just red or green

I can't find anything with a search...

It's been years since I was on e-harmony but I suspected that the site would match people with profiles even though the owners were no longer active paid members on the site. I came to this conclusion because for about 6 months after my membership expired, I got e-mails telling me I had matches. I couldn't access the matches unless I paid to re-join the site.

• Author
It's been years since I was on e-harmony but I suspected that the site would match people with profiles even though the owners were no longer active paid members on the site. I came to this conclusion because for about 6 months after my membership expired, I got e-mails telling me I had matches. I couldn't access the matches unless I paid to re-join the site.

Yeah I get matches all the time and most haven't been active in months. eHarmony wants me to message them, so they'll get emails and re-instate their account $$$.

My question was why are some red or green. Did she block me or did her subscription run out?

• Author
It probably means an actual match vs just outside of your preferences.

I haven't been on eharmony in years.

That's probably it, hers was red because she wasn't a match. I got her from the "what if" pile.

Thanks!

I gave up on those dating websites but I know if the person closed the account the icon will stay on be not be active. I think they all do that. I belonged to a few and even though I closed my account I was still receiving messages. With one of them I rejoined and all just opened up again with interested members as if I never left. Sorry but maybe she just got frustrated and checked out. For every one good conversation I had on those things, I had at twenty perverts and players harassing me all day. Those sites make you crazy.

• Like 1

The best women I've dated came from EH. :) I don't recall colored rings, but it has been about a year. If someone blocks you, if I recall, you are not able to access their accounts, let alone see their pics.

I gave up on those dating websites but I know if the person closed the account the icon will stay on be not be active. I think they all do that. I belonged to a few and even though I closed my account I was still receiving messages. With one of them I rejoined and all just opened up again with interested members as if I never left. Sorry but maybe she just got frustrated and checked out. For every one good conversation I had on those things, I had at twenty perverts and players harassing me all day. Those sites make you crazy.

It's likely this. People may have moved on, accounts get closed for privacy reasons (a friend of mine did this), people flake. It's very common.

She probably closed or suspended her account for whatever reason: (seeing someone, taking a break, etc)

Girls get their inboxes flooded, it can be overwhelming sometimes.