Talking face to face

thomas95

Why is it that I can tell a girl how I feel via text, but I can't get my words out when I see her face to face. This has made it so I am unable to get a girlfriend , and now I am talking to a girl that I really really like but I'm putting off seeing her cos I dont want to ruin it.

You need to boost your own confidence.

Start by visualizing in your head having a good conversation. Play out different scenarios in your head.

Cunning_Linguist
Why is it that I can tell a girl how I feel via text, but I can't get my words out when I see her face to face. This has made it so I am unable to get a girlfriend , and now I am talking to a girl that I really really like but I'm putting off seeing her cos I dont want to ruin it.

I've seen this before. People text way too much and build this whole textual persona. Then they neglect their real life communication skills. Then in real life there is disappointment because the two personas do not match up. Ahhhh the poison of modern society and technology. Stop texting so damn much and meet with her in real person before texting her a lot. Even then IMO it's a bad idea to text a lot for a lot reasons. A guy that hides behind texts to express himself sounds like a coward (no offense intended) and that is not attractive.

• Like 2
deathandtaxes

You run a serious risk of being friend-zoned if all you do is talk (all via text?) but never express yourself assertively. Talking in person and expressing yourself is a skill like any other. You get better with it with practice. Talk to everybody. Say hi to people. Make up small talk. Whatever. You'll become a pro in no time.

• Like 1
  • Author

Would it be okay for me to text her and tell her about how I feel when I'm near her, and how I find it hard to tell her to her face how I feel.

Once she knows it would be a lot easier for me but will she find it creepy that I have to tell her through a text, or do you think she would understand??

deathandtaxes

Man up, son. Do it face to face. I think part of what is holding you back is fear of rejection. That's just life. You will get rejected plenty when you go for what you want. But the rewards are worth it.