Am I playing this right, or am I a flat out idiot?

Nimbus5

So I met a girl online who seems like she is really cool and definitely attractive. We've been talking for awhile and recently scheduled to have a date on Wednesday. Shes just text me that she was bored and wants to go grab a beer and see me now. I told her I was busy and that I promised a friend I'd meet up with him tonight.

I'm trying to not act too desperate and jumping at any opportunity to see this girl, but frankly its raining and I haven't planned out a fun date yet that I wanted to for Wednesday.

What the heck am I doing? Is acting like I am busy with other people the right way to go or should I jump at the opportunity.

It's the first date so it doesn't really matter. Shoulda just gone and had a good time, man. Don't overthink the 'not-available' game too hard.

I think you should have went.

I mean, if your not available you aren't, if you are available you are. Why play games. You wouldn't like it if she did it.

Now instead your stuck sitting at home on a rainy night twiddling your ....uh thumbs.

You don't need to jump every time she wants to go out, but women like spontaneity in a guy. It can play well.

Sometimes doing something in the heat of the moment is fun.......just saying. If you want to play games and rules then you are denying yourself the fun of doing something adventurous and spontaneous.

• Like 3
See..Gaeta gets it!
I did plenty of spontanious and adventurous things in my life, lots lead nowhere but do I have great memories of them and great stories to tell :)
Smthn_Like_Olivia

I will never understand why people think they need to play games in order to date successfully.:rolleyes:

• Like 2

I don't think you were being an idiot...but..being spontaneous is fun and a bit of rain is just a bit of rain.

Some of the best times I've experienced have been spontaneous.

Don't 'plan' the date for Wednesday too much though.

Go with the flow. Wing it! :)

Women love spontaneity. Especially when it looks like you made some sort of extra effort to get somewhere for them when you could have been doing something else.

It doesn't look desperate if you aren't desperate. What you want to convey is that you had other things to do, but bailed on them to do something with her. She'll be like, 'You _______, just to come and hang out with me?!', and you just non-chalantly shrug your shoulders and casually say 'Yeah, of course'.