Should I meet him for that chat?

polly1122333

polly1122333

I meet a guy from a group just after xmas last year, like a hobby group, we meet up on Sunday morning every week.we added each other on fb not long after we met, and we have been chatting everyday, early February he told me he's in limbo from a relationship, and he told me she cheated on him and they broke up round about the time we met. at the moment we are just friends, nothing happened, we have been flirting a bit, but also I found out we share quite a few interests, our conversations over fb are always meaningful, not those "nothing" txt, and I feel we could take things further, but since he told me he just broke up with his girl friend not so long ago, I'm hesitant ....

so anyway, last sunday we had a big event for this hobby group and we went together, he stayed at mine the night before as we had to leave early yesterday morning, we chatted, watched tv together, we were sitting close together, that night he slept in the spare bedroom, and I slept at my room, and he already asked if it was ok to stay at mine after the event, since he have to go to work at 6am the next morning (he lives about 3 hours away) and I agreed. we had a great time at the event, and we spent the whole day together, when we got home last night, he looked at me seriously and said he really like me, but wanted to be clear that he is not completely out the of ex situation, and hope I understand, I told him I understand and appreciate him being honest, and I told him I like him too but at the same time very scared of getting hurt, after that he kissed me on my forehead, we looked at each other for .... god feel like forever, and we kissed.... and had sex... about an hour later, his father called, and said his brother is having health issues (he has long term health problems) and needed him to be home, and he tried talking to his brother and told him he didn't want to get back can he manage without him so on.... about 2 phone calls later, I told him if he need to go home I understand, and he said he's sorry, he feel really bad... anyway he left...

Monday he txt and said he feel bad about having to go last night and I told him I understand and if he had stayed he would feel bad not being there for his brother, and I didn't want to be selfish. and then he said he's that issue, he think I need to be a little bit selfish in regards to my needs. and he said he appreciate my understanding as he hope he appreciate and understand my position and such that he feel inequality prepared or positioned to get involved, he said the fact that he choose to go last night while I was vulnerable told him that he's not ready. he said he doesn't want to make excuses but as bad as it feels now, it would potentially be worse in a few months time.....

I told him I'm disappointed that he knew he didn't want anything further and still kissed me anyway... he said he's sorry, but that he can't offer more than friendship.

He said would like to have a chat face to face, and he still would like to be friend but understand if I don't want that....

should I meet up with him and chat? should I stay friends with him? if he didn't kissed me that night, things would be so much simpler, I did enjoy our friendship

No, I would not meet with him. He has nothing new to say to you.

1. He's freshly out of a relationship

2. He lives 3 hours away

3. He said on several occasions he's nowhere near being ready to reinvest himself.

Why would you meet? To be friends? Are you running out of friends? I don't think so. You don't need that kind of friend, the kind you desire in silence and keeps your heart from meeting someone else.

• Like 1