she drunk texted me, wtf do I say back?

Hungup123

I've been talking to a new girl for about 5 days. We may have our first date tonight depending on if her friends competition doesn't go too late. Last night she drunk texts me at 2am "heyyy I'm drunk :)". Not sure what I say today, if anything, to break the ice. The date was more or less her suggestion if that matters

You don't need to reply or say anything about the text. That drunk text in the middle of the night would not impress me though, I would probably cancel. This not the type of person I want to associate with. Texting someone in the middle of the night shows a important lack basic respect and lack of good judgement.

• Like 2

Most people would say when you receive a drunk text, it means you're on their mind. Or it is a bit of an invitation for some "naughty" talk or invitations for such things.

But in all honesty, I don't like to receive them. If I got that from a girl (especially whom I don't know very well), I would think less of her. It is a little sleezy to write a drunk text. I would have just replied, "Cool. Enjoy the rest of your evening, miss."

Can't believe you guys are giving that girl a hard time over a drunk text :eek: What, you've never ever let go and did stupid things when you were young? Kinda boring, no?

OP, you don't have to respond as you aren't really expected to be awake at 2am. The odds are she's probably forgotten a few minutes after the text anyway, just ignore it.

• Like 9
  • Author

Well its a bit silly as I saw the text this morning and not last night. But if there is a hard fast rule about "double texting" I'm not sure if shes expecting something back, especially considering we have a potential date this evening.

Well its a bit silly as I saw the text this morning and not last night. But if there is a hard fast rule about "double texting" I'm not sure if shes expecting something back, especially considering we have a potential date this evening.

I would probably say something like 'hope your hangover isn't too bad' or similar. Perhaps in a more teasing way.

• Like 2

I agree with Emilia, send a casual text today in response. She probably feels stupid for sending a drunk text so a "hey, I see you had a good night :P" or something would be nice. At least it'd assure you that you aren't turned off by her text (assuming you aren't).

since your plans seem up in the air for tonight, add in a "Are we still on for tonight?" or something.

• Like 2

I'd say nothing and say you never got it or something.

But if it happens again, then respond with "I'm unavailable right now. talk to me when you're sober."

And THEN tell her you find it disturbing and immature.

I'd say nothing and say you never got it or something.

But if it happens again, then respond with "I'm unavailable right now. talk to me when you're sober."

And THEN tell her you find it disturbing and immature.

That's a pretty dramatic overreaction in man land.

Sure, you ladies might feel that way if a guy did that to you, but the same feelings and the same advice do not always go down both gender streets.

Jest let it go. Make fun if her for it the next day. Don't act likea woman and complain about one drunk text. I'm sure that would be a huge turn off.

• Like 3
That's a pretty dramatic overreaction in man land.

How is that over-reacting? I told him to let it go this time and forget about it....

Jest let it go. Make fun if her for it the next day. Don't act likea woman and complain about one drunk text. I'm sure that would be a huge turn off.

First of all that's a pretty insulting thing to say. As if a woman's reaction is inferior or sub-standard. Guess again....

Secondly, I didn't imply he should complain about 'one drunk text'. I actually advised that IF IT HAPPENED AGAIN he should then perhaps call it as a point of discussion.

Don't put words into my mouth, Keenly.

Try reading properly. Of all the posts you could have picked on, I think you made a mistake by picking mine.

• Like 1
hasaquestion

Bingo. In what universe is a drunk text "heyyyy" a bad thing??

1. She was thinking about you... while plastered with her friends on a weekend night.

2. You can get a little teasing mileage out of it.

• Like 1
How is that over-reacting? I told him to let it go this time and forget about it....

First of all that's a pretty insulting thing to say. As if a woman's reaction is inferior or sub-standard. Guess again....

Secondly, I didn't imply he should complain about 'one drunk text'. I actually advised that IF IT HAPPENED AGAIN he should then perhaps call it as a point of discussion.

Don't put words into my mouth, Keenly.

Try reading properly. Of all the posts you could have picked on, I think you made a mistake by picking mine.

I'm not picking on anything.

Guys talk to each other in certain ways, this happening to be one of them. Do not take it personally, because its not personal. Guys tell each other not to act like women ALL THE TIME. It's extremely common.

I'm sorry if the saying offends you, but it is what it is, and has nothing to do with you personally, and it really has nothing to do with any woman. It's one guy telling another guy to man up.

In this dude's case, he is wondering what to do with a drunk text. Nothing is the correct answer. In fact it should be a good sign that he is on her mind. I quoted you because you gave advice that would be applicable to a woman to him, but not all advice is applicable to both genders.

Unless you'd like to turn men into women, which I don't think you'd like the idea of.

Sounds like she likes to party. LOL. Make sure you have a love letter in your wallet.

Sounds like she likes to party. LOL. Make sure you have a love letter in your wallet.

I guess there is a slight possibility its rare for her to get drunk.

They've only been talking for five days so rather than a usual girls night out it COULD have been a friends birthday party or something. I guess it doesn't matter.

The question is, why does the fact she was drinking matter OP?

Are you Anti drunk text? Or did it just catch you off guard?

• Author

I guess I came off wrong in my posts but the actual drunk text doesn't bother me at all. As others have said it means I'm on her mind.

My main question is that our convos via text have been a 1 to 1 text ratio so I didn't know what to say back to keep the convo going to prelude into the date tonight.

I said something along the lines of looks like you had a fun night lastnight with a winky face about 2 hours ago, but no response. I dont want to be pushy for the date as she has other things going on, so I guess now we wait

I guess I came off wrong in my posts but the actual drunk text doesn't bother me at all. As others have said it means I'm on her mind.

My main question is that our convos via text have been a 1 to 1 text ratio so I didn't know what to say back to keep the convo going to prelude into the date tonight.

I said something along the lines of looks like you had a fun night lastnight with a winky face about 2 hours ago, but no response. I dont want to be pushy for the date as she has other things going on, so I guess now we wait

Oh, yeah, no, you are good with just sending that.

This part is kind of tricky, especially if this is the first girl you have had on the scene for a while. You have to make a real and conscious effort to keep the texting to a bare minimum before you have the first few dates.

I'm not saying you play games with her with the whole "wait for her to text me first thing" , but if you have a date tonight, just ignore her silence and continue to get ready.

Send a "heading out" or however you'd like to say it about 10 minutes before you leave. Other than that, there is no need to text her anymore until after tonight. Good luck man.

• Like 1

This is no big deal dude. It's completely normal, really isn't anything to come make over. Now you got people on here arguing and misunderstanding with each other lol

I'm not picking on anything.

Guys talk to each other in certain ways, this happening to be one of them. Do not take it personally, because its not personal. Guys tell each other not to act like women ALL THE TIME. It's extremely common.

I'm sorry if the saying offends you, but it is what it is, and has nothing to do with you personally, and it really has nothing to do with any woman. It's one guy telling another guy to man up.

In this dude's case, he is wondering what to do with a drunk text. Nothing is the correct answer. In fact it should be a good sign that he is on her mind. I quoted you because you gave advice that would be applicable to a woman to him, but not all advice is applicable to both genders.

Unless you'd like to turn men into women, which I don't think you'd like the idea of.

Given that - if this forum is anything to go by - it seems women are actually emotionally stronger than men, you guys do yourselves a gross dis-service.

'Man up' means grow some balls.

Balls are small, tender and fragile and hurt if kicked.

Grow a vagina.

That thing can take a pounding - in both directions.

That's advice that goes for both genders.

As someone old enough to be Yo Mamma, consider yourself advised!!

:D

Okay now I get it. Disregard my other comment. You should said

" And you didn't invite :(

Given that - if this forum is anything to go by - it seems women are actually emotionally stronger than men.

:D

This is absolutely something that could be discussed and debated. However, I'd have to disagree for several reasons, which I won't list here because If I do, it will derail the entire thread.

I can only say that society is starting to turn men into women, and I don't like it.

• Like 1

I guess I'll look for your thread then....

I've been talking to a new girl for about 5 days. We may have our first date tonight depending on if her friends competition doesn't go too late. Last night she drunk texts me at 2am "heyyy I'm drunk :)". Not sure what I say today, if anything, to break the ice. The date was more or less her suggestion if that matters

Depends on what you're looking for.

If it's something casual, then just say something flirty in response. If you're looking for something serious, this girl may not be the one.

In all honesty, it sounds like this girl was probably looking for a quick romp.

Either way, don't discipline her for her actions (lol). This will kill the attraction.

• Like 2