Appearing mysterious to partner at work?

hiimgerman

Hi all. I've recently been assigned to a surgical ward and I met a first year house officer on my team. Both being new at this job we talk quite often and help each other out sometimes. She's funny and friendly so I think I kinda like her. However, I read from somewhere that you gotta appear mysterious and make them wonder about you so you don't get into the friendzone. Problem is we've already spoken so much, is it too late to start being mysterious now? And if not, how would you go about that when it's someone you work closely with all the time?

Atticus9292012

As a woman, that kind of crap is frustrating. Just be you. Whatever that is. Playing mysterious or any other sort of persona that is not genuinely who you are is not going to work for long. If you enjoy her conversation at work try to get more information. I'm a big fan of coffee dates. Ask her for coffee or ask her if she wants to grab a bite after work sometime.

• Like 2

That's bull****. Just be yourself. Pretending to be someone else or changing yourself for her won't last long. You're bound to expose yourself one day.

As the previous person said, ask her out for a date or two, or just for a tea break. See if she's interested and continue talking to her!

Good luck, hope I've helped!

Girls do like mysterious men. But you are interpreting the meaning of mysterious the wrong way.

You are thinking "ninja, superhero, badboy mysterious" when in reality you just want to be yourself without giving her all of your attention. Don't be super available to talk with her. Don't always be just lazing around ready to jump into conversation with her.

Instead seem busy like you're always focused on something (you should be focused on something anyway, you're a man.). Some days make time for her, at other times be polite but abrupt like "sorry, gotta go do something else."

Always be overtly sexual but also nice and polite. Admire her body, look her up and down with an approving look on your face, and always be nice to her never rude.

If she finds your attraction to her creepy she will make it obvious. And you won't lose too much face because its not like you were giving her all your time anyway.

If she finds your attraction to her flattering she will keep making an effort to talk with you. And the fact that you're never around too much will make her dig you even more. Absents makes the heart grow fonder. She will also feel obligated to go out on a date with you because its not like shes really able to get to know you in the office ya know?

You have already made a first impression, might be hard to change now. But it might not be too late. Just follow my tips and see how it goes.