How Aggressive Should I be?

stephy567

A couple of weeks ago I posted about a first date with a coworker. The date went really well, but didn't end in a kiss, which disappointed me. Since then, we have gone on a second date and this time we did kiss. It took a while for him to make the move (I've been told I can be kind of stand offish...not because I'm not into it, I'm just shy and awkward, so maybe that's why). He seemed to take a long time to push things along physically that night, I ended up being the one slightly more aggressive to move things along. What I mean is, if it were completely up to him, we might have just kissed and groped a little, but because I pushed a little bit, we did a little more. We didn't sleep together and I'm not sure if my "aggressiveness" turned him off a little.

When that date ended (3 days ago), he said he'd like to take me out again and has mentioned going out again once over text since then.

Here's my question: It's Monday and because I have to arrange babysitting and all that, I usually like to figure out my week early on. Do I wait for him to ask when he can take me out (that's what he did when planning the second date)? Do I just ask him if he wants to go out Friday (the only day I'm available to go out)? I'm afraid that if I just ask him if he wants to go out Friday, that coupled with my physical aggressiveness, it will turn him off. But, I'm worried if I don't say something, he'll think I'm minimally interested because he's already told me twice he wants to go out again....leaving it open to me to tell him when I'm available, but I didn't. Obviously, no one can read his mind, but any opinions are appreciated.

Edited by stephy567
  • Author

Haha, thanks. I'm just gun shy because some people think strongly that the girl should never initiate anything or seem interested at all.

tinderbox8888

First of all, why are you so insistent about gettin it in after a few dates? You barely know the guy. As a guy that has been in many relationships, if a girl is pushing to have sex that quickly, I will usually avoid them. If they are that frisky with me right out of the gate, that means they have done that with other guys. I usually wait about 3 weeks to a month before I decide to have sex at all.

Slow it down. Let the dates happen naturally and if after a couple weeks he still isn't moving anything forward, break it off. If he is tentative, he will continue to be tentative.