is it a good idea to let a guy know hes good in bed?

FaithInTheDark

FaithInTheDark

theres this guy ive been seeing ...he took me out on several dates and we had alot of build up before we actually had sex.

anyways, to my surpise he was amazing in bed and probably one of the best ive ever had.

He text me and asked if I had fun last time we were together and apart of me wants to let him know hes dynamite in bed.

I wondering if I do tell him this might go straight to his head and make him cocky ...or be a boost of confidence ..i think his talent deserves to be praised lol

any thoughts lol

• Like 1
I would do it and have done it. He is gonna love you ;)

Oh yeah, its better then being told 'I think you have great sartorial flair' or 'I loved your sense of humor'.

If you like the guy then I think its fine to tell him. If he didn't come of cocky to begin with I don't think that will make him cocky. Too bad if he pulled out all the stops to impress you, as it now sets the benchmark for him in future, though I think most guys want to make a good impression the first time with a girl they want to see again.

Hey OP - I'm curious why you say this...'anyways, to my surpise he was amazing...'

Ugh.

I told my ex he had a nice penis.

It turns out, he already had such a big head; he was like"thanks... girls alway tell me"

:sick:

• Like 2
Ugh.

It turns out, he already had such a big head; he was like"thanks... girls alway tell me"

Loved the way you explained his ego.

Ugh.

lol. Well at least he acknowledged it with a thanks. It could have been worse. He could have just shrugged his shoulders and said 'yeah all the girls say that' or 'tell me something I don't know'. If he had a good one, maybe they do. I'm sure body builders and slender girls get praised for their body all the time.

• Author
FaithInTheDark

I dont know why it surprised me...hes kind of introverted , not really my type ,,,just didnt expect it ..hard to explain

lol. Well at least he acknowledged it with a thanks. It could have been worse. He could have just shrugged his shoulders and said 'yeah all the girls say that' or 'tell me something I don't know'. If he had a good one, maybe they do. I'm sure body builders and slender girls get praised for their body all the time.

I was once quiet sender. I got LOTSSSSS of compliments; from strangers on the street even. I did work for it.

Anywho. I NEVER said, when yet another person complimented me on my figure, "oh I KNOW, I get told every day":bunny::D

• Like 1
theres this guy ive been seeing ...he took me out on several dates and we had alot of build up before we actually had sex.

anyways, to my surpise he was amazing in bed and probably one of the best ive ever had.

He text me and asked if I had fun last time we were together and apart of me wants to let him know hes dynamite in bed.

I wondering if I do tell him this might go straight to his head and make him cocky ...or be a boost of confidence ..i think his talent deserves to be praised lol

any thoughts lol

I say tell him w/o over doing it. Just let him know that you really enjoyed it.

Don't tell him "you are good in bed" but do let him know how much you enjoyed it. No need to compare him to others.

My fiancée handled it well I think.

After months of increasing sexual tension then a week of kissing making out and then a week of not being able to see each other, we finally got a chance to spend a weekend together. We had a weekend of fantastic sex then I had to travel during the week. While en route I noticed my thighs were just a little sore so I texted her and thanked her for a wonderful weekend and told her my thighs were sore. She wrote back: "All of me is sore but totally worth it :-) It was amazing!" Later she said "I knew it would be good but I had no idea how good" A few weeks later after she had an earth shattering orgasm I jokingly asked her "was it good for you?" She said "ooooh yesss!" I said "good," as I snuggled up with her. Then she volunteered "It's always good. I mean like every single time." I could hear some surprise in her voice.

This last part is the closest she ever came to letting a comparison slip. She's a really good woman.

Most men are terrible in bed. You need to give credit when credit is due :)

That's because most women don't help out much..act like it's all up to us :p

• Like 4

Why would it be a bad idea?

As another poster pointed out though, if possible don't make it sound like a comparison. Just assure him that you thoroughly enjoyed it & want a repeat performance.

why would you not tell him? if he's already cocky/confident this boost won't matter much, and he'll just be more enthusiastic and willing once you say it. it doesn't hurt to compliment people even if it's not true all the time. it makes everyone feel good. heck, I even tell the ones that aren't good that they are - why not say something?

melodymatters

Timing is everything. Men love nothing more than to be told they are good in bed, however I would wait until we were actually IN bed, having finished, THEN I would praise his skills, I wouldn't text it.

• Like 3
acrosstheuniverse

Tell him! Who wouldn't love a compliment like that? Partners sometimes tell me I'm an awesome lay or I give the best blowjobs they've ever had and I love to hear it, really boosts my confidence, which makes it even better.

I told the last guy I slept with how AMAZING at head he was, because he was. Compliments make people feel great.

• Like 1

I'm not sure if it's "good in bed" vs "bad in bed" as much as it is "compatible in bed." Sounds like you guys are really compatible sexually. You could always comment on that.

Most men are terrible in bed. You need to give credit when credit is due :)

As are most women in my experience :laugh:

But OP, dont be weird and awkward in giving praise. And please tell him with your mouth and not through text or anything. I had one girl tell me in a text message "Youre like a beast in bed". Then I go "hows that? lol". And she goes "I dunno, youre just really good at sex".

This is nice and all...but I felt weird being told all that in a text message lol. The ego stroke was nice though haha

• Like 2
  • Author
FaithInTheDark

Well, I went ahead and told him...I understand telling him while we were both in bed and saying it after but we live over an hour apart and I cant see him that often.

anyways, i told him through text (whatever) and he obvs seem to like me telling him.

he also gave me praise for my skills in specific areas which I found was good to know . . .

I find skills in the bed are left up to the guy alot but it is women too... I realized back when i first became sexually active i had no idea what i was doing and pretty much laid there lol.

I just find alot of men dont take there time in bed, they go at it like a jack rabbit and then its over ...which is lame. A thing about having a sexual connection that makes it 100x better is being sensual as well

I would have suggested holding off for just a couple more meetings.

"I can hardly wait to see you again."

"That was amazing"

What I have found with many men...is they pull out all the stops the first few times, get their praise and then they start to adopt an attitude of..."how little can i actually do and still get the mind-blowing orgasms I want?"

Example: the first few times, he seems to spend hours using his hands on you. Then, one time, he is just "too eager" and quits after a few minutes before assuming the position. More than likely he finishes before you do. Unless you say something, "mmmm, baby i'm not done, could you finish me off?". There's a pretty good chance he will adopt the five minute approach more than the hours approach. Then he will wonder why you don't seem that interested in sex anymore.

Communication and limit setting are important.

I'm not saying that a quickie with limited foreplay is all bad, but unless you set a limit that that is not the norm, it can be bad.

Oh - and women are often guilty of two things...not communicating effectively AND using sex as a weapon.

• Like 1
That's because most women don't help out much..act like it's all up to us :p

For Kripse sake read a book.