Moving out together

Rachel09

Hi ! I'm new to this site.. I just wanted to see if anyone has gone through this. I am 21 years old. and I have been dating my boyfriend for a few months. Its great how we ended up together, we started off dating when we first met and then i guess i lost interest and i thought of him as only a friend. he was always here for me and i thought of him as seriously as one of my best guy friends. But it ended up I really started to like him and we went out everyday and acted as though we were together for quiet a few months, then we called it offical "boyfriend and girlfriend".. Well, first of all having a boyfriend is a big step for me because i hadn't had a boyfriend in 2 years. and i am so the type of girl that goes out everynight, flirts w/ boys, gets drunk,likes to have a good time and not take anything too seriously.. well, i fell hard for this guy. and we decided to get an apartment. and today we are getting the keys and tomorrow we're getting my bed and all that stuff. I'm all for it. I mean, My first apartment was w/ a girl roomate and it was alright, i then had an apartment by myself and i was very lonely and hated being there, eventually a strictly guy friend moved in because he his family was having finanical problems and he lived w/ me and it was cool w/ him being there, i felt kind of like protected having a guy around rather then being by myself all the time. He eventually moved out and i was living w/ my parents for about 4 months to clear up my debt. now me and my boyfriend are moving out. right now, i am kind of scared. i havent had any doubts at all until today and last night. I want to live w/ him, i enjoy having him there and we both do our thing where, i go out and he goes w/ his friends. so i think it'll work out okay.. i just dont want to feel like i'm married. I just need reassurance from someone. because i dont want to feel like this and all my friends are talking crap thinking it won't work, but i think it will.. but all i hear is negativity.. so i just wanted to hear some other stories..all i keep telling myself if this is what i want and he makes me happy, then it doesn't matter and i guess i'll just have to prove everyone wrong... thank you. sorry so long !! :o

YellowLioness

My and my BF were like 3 hours apart for 8 months. We moved in together, and now every thing is peachy. My advice is to spend at least one hour apart per day, and talk about every thing, regardless of how small it is, that may affect the couple.