Girlfriend wants to slow down?

johnww92

Ok I have been dating this girl for like 2 months and things went really fast like we already say we love each other and we see each other at least twice a week and txt on daily basis. Everything is going great, we never fight and get along so well and have so much in common but today she said she wanted to talk out of the blue and said we went to fast and wants to slow things and have some space so she can do her own thing sometimes. She said she doesn't want to break up and loves spending time with me and loves me but needs some space. I told her I understand and will slow down a bit and she said everything good so and she wasn't going breaking up with me. Can someone please help I really want this relationship to work but I'm afraid il mess up somehow. What should I do?See her less or?Also she just got out of a year relationship just before we got together so that has something to do with it.

It may simply mean that she doesn't want to see you every day. It may mean she's scared of her feelings. If you aren't' already intimate, she may simply be hoping to delay sex.

Keep dating her. Don't talk this to death but schedule something with your buddies & tell her that next Friday you will be with them in an effort to give her space.

• Like 2
Frank2thepoint

Just see her once a week or once every other week. Keep a little mystery going. Don't text her so much as well. Do some things keep yourself occupied. That way you guys will have something to talk about.

The Key is balance. Have time for work, time for play, time for yourself, and time for the relations. Funny that she said, slow down..and you are asking us what to do...its simple...S....L....O....W.....D....O...W...N.

Not being condescending...just bringing to light that sometimes what they ask for is what they want...there isn't much more to decipher from it.

Sounds like you have a good thing going....so enjoy it and keep the mystery alive !

bubbaganoosh

Women are like a loaf of bread. You got to leave them alone to get a rise out of them. Back off a bit and take a breath.

She told you she is happy with you but just wants to slow things down.

That is it, nothing negative just a chance to breathe.

The key thing is to support what she needs without becoming distant. It's always going to be hard to find the sweet spot but being open together will help you both reach it.

Most importantly, don't be so distant that it's like you are on the moon!

MasonJarTeaDrinker

Slow it down a bit mate, you're gonna be fine. You sound a little clingy and I think that's the problem just realize that you don't have to stay in constant contact all day and that's ok, she still loves you.

Eternal Sunshine

I would want to slow it down even if I was really into a guy. I have my own interests and hobbies and I don't want to feel suffocated by the relationship. So no, I wouldn't worry. It's good that she was open enough to tell you that.