Can get numbers, can't get dates!

icu81mi

Once in a while I'm charming and get the nerve to approach a cute girl I don't know and try to get her number. It usually goes well - I never pressure girls to give me their number, and they nearly volunteer it.

But beyond that it's impossible to actually get girls to respond well to texts and actually meet up later. I'm pretty cautious with texting - I really don't want to make girls uncomfortable by trying to be sexy, plus I'm not very creative with texting to begin with.

I think the only thing I've really got going for me is being in very good shape. But for me, that only translates into a girl being attracted to me when I have a chance to show off, at the pool, or gym, or while I'm running or something. But it's a very fleeting attraction, and frankly its pretty confounding when the only chance at intimacy I get is girls offering to get drunk together, because I can't drink and that's just not fun.

The last girl whose number I got was beautiful and we had similar interests, talked for like an hour or more at a coffee shop, she was clearly into me and didn't want to stop talking. I had to go, so we hugged, I said good-bye and left. I called her a couple days later, she texted back the next day, I ask to hang out (no response), text again a couple days later and she asks how I'm doing, I reply and then get no response back.

This is basically what always happens! I've got no social groups really, and I don't have the greatest personality, can't drink because I'm an alcoholic. Should I simply persist after initial interest seems to fade in a texting conversation? Is it because I'm just making small talk boring texts? Ladies, if you have any suggestions I'd appreciate them!