My boyfriends mother is a psycho...I need suggestions!

Kelseyundeadxo

Kelseyundeadxo

Alright so, here's the story. We're both 17, been together for 8 and a half months, been best friends for 3 years. I love this kid, man. But anyways,

When we first started dating his mother was elated. She was so happy her baby boy got a girlfriend. It was during the summer when everything was perfect. We would hang out at least twice a week, and play Xbox together.

He had always had family problems, always. With drugs, alcohol, suicides, backstabbing, it's awful. His mom didnt drink or smoke and she was very Christian (or, she claims) His little sister (15) and his mother would gang up on him and emotionally torture him. He is a little slower paced in school, he has ADHD and very bad asthma. He couldn't very well play sports or do good in school. They would scream at him all the time, and his sister was a perfect angel (not really, she swears like a pig, very two-faced, and goes to parties) I got along with both his mother and sister, I'm very good at biting my tongue.

But anyway, something changed. In the beginning of the school year, all she could talk about is moving. They lived in a townhouse prior, and she wanted to get a new house. She decided to move 10 miles away. I, of course, was extremely upset, but he has his license so he would drive him and his sister to school everyday.

When we got to the house, it was DISGUSTING. We did so much work. I injured myself multiple times, and his asthma caused him a hospital visit, all of which she screamed at us for.

Then we decided to go camping. I have very awful anxiety and I'm terrified of noise and silence. So that night I got maybe two hours of sleep. I was very very cranky and I guess so was she. She decided to verbal abusing him harshly in front of me, even pulling him, a 17 year old 6'2 male with broad shoulders and muscles, by his shirt collar into a store to ride a bike that he couldn't even fit into. I was APPALLED. So my sarcastic cranky voice came out, and I started to say some snide remarks. She apparently, did not like them.

When they got home, she said he couldn't talk to me anymore. For the past 3 months, its been a huge bipolar episode to where I can't talk to him, them i can, them i can't, then I can.

I then wrote her a letter of apology. She really liked it, but the bipolar episodes still continued

Just as everything started to get better, his sister had found my Instagram and saw a post about how much I love him "despite what he goes through"

She called me so many nasty names. She's called me fat, a scumbag, ugly, disgusting, controlling, co-dependent

His mother and sister attacked him, told him they were done with him and me, and shipped him off to his dads.

His dad still wants to remarry his mother, so he will always be on her side.

Doesn't have a phone, no wifi, no Internet, and after Christmas break, he's switching schools.

I've heard from him once and it was at 1:30 last night, crying his eyes out and whispering, he was using his dads phone who didnt have a pass code thank God.

Hes going to be 18 on May 3rd, he has a job, and a licisence, but no car. And remember, he lives about 15-25 minutes away from our school.

I have not heard from him once today. I haven't been eating, barely sleeping, crying a lot, and I cannot stop shaking.

I don't want to leave him, and he doesn't want me to leave. My mother raised me to believe that if I want something, I fight for it. I'm not giving up on him, he is my best friend AND boyfriend, I'm not losing both.

They won't take apologies, no phone calls. They tried filing harassment charges against me and my family, which the police did not take.

Any suggestions? I am so stressed out

P.s the more I look through this site the more Im starting to believe this is for adults....whoops. But I would really like advice from experienced adults. Sorry for rambling on.

Thank you :)

CrystalCastles

I don't know what to say besides stay away from that crazy, dysfunctional family of his. Have nothing to do with them. They insulted you and hurt you and they sound like controlling, psychotic basket cases.

If you really like this guy so much and he likes you, I'd wait until he turns 18. He can get a job, move out and you'll have the freedom to see him without his family ruining things.

• Like 1
  • Author
Kelseyundeadxo

Yes I agree...I do like him, incredibly much. And he does too. I'm just so worried that maybe he's forgotten about me, or his family convinced him to not like me, which I doubt happened. I just feel so bad for him, such a nice kid, wouldn't even hurt a fly. He does have really bad anger problems because of it though. But he keeps it all looked inside. It hurts to see him so miserable