Should I buy her a present?

mac007

Been talking to this girl at work. It is as though we have chemistry. I asked her if she loves her boyfriend she said, "NO." The thing is she has two children with him. They share a house together. She said, her boyfriend doesn't even talk to her much. Instead they just fight all the time.

Here is the question. Brenda told me her birthday is next month. Should I buy her a present?

Brenda and I laugh together, it is as though we can see into each other. It is though she wants me to get her a present, and she would like it.

I guess it really is over with her boyfriend but with the conditions she is in, It is just pure drama.

There is a right path to take, and I am not sure what it is. Very few times in my life have I felt chemistry but with her, I feel it.

tia

Just get her a present and see where that goes... She shouldn't be mad or offended about a gift from a friend. :)

Brenda and I laugh together, it is as though we can see into each other.

Are you X-ray technicians by any chance?

I say don't. Like you said, pure drama. If she leaves him, the drama could follow her and begin with you.

I agree, I say don't get her a gift...nothing wrong with it if, like Rubie said, it's just a gift from a friend...but you two work together, and she has a boyfriend. Sounds like you have feelings for each other from what you're saying, so if you bought her a gift she would read more into it than "friendship" and as things are already seemingly "over" with her boyfriend, like Kevin said, she may decide to leave him once and for all and the drama could totally begin with you. Are you prepared for all of that?

I say stick with a card!!!

Ok, so do you want a relationship with her? If you want a relationship with her, then wait for her current relationship to be over before making ANY moves.

Aren't we talking on another thread about how guys are attracted to drama. Why? Where is that thread?

Are you ready to be a step-daddy? Are you ready to have her baby daddy as a part of your life forever? Because he will be.

No, I don't think I am ready. That is the part that sucks. But, sometimes I wonder why she would tell me these things. I am not here to save her from the situation. I guess I won't buy her a present, because of what it may imply.

Sounds good to me - you're exactly right, a present may imply more. A card sounds like a nice idea :D

I am glad you decided not to buy her a present. You WILL find some other woman who is not involved with someone else. But you can't do that while you are spending all your time thinking about HER

Originally posted by mac007

But, sometimes I wonder why she would tell me these things.

I wonder why this is like the number one question on this website. "Why did she/he tell me that she/he likes me but won't date me???" My answer is first, why does it matter, you shouldn't want to date them. Second, what she means is "I want attention, will you give it to me?"

Thanks for the replies. Since I will no longer think about it, I will take my blinders off and run the other way till after her birthday. She will understand.