Girlfriend brings up her boss way too much

DLM77

My Gf recently started a new job. From the beginning she has mentioned her boss in many conversations. Although mostly work related there are some personal things she brings up about him. It is def excessive in how she brings him up. Apparently he is well dressed in suits ect, which for the job is very overly dressed. She complains about him every day saying how she hates him, how he gives her a difficult time about things at work.

It's so bad I know exactly where the conversation is leading too, I know exactly when she is going to bring him up. The other night I was sitting watching tv with her and she points out a few grey hairs that I have. She immediately brought him into the conversation about how he puts gel in his hair to hide the greys.(shine hides them) I didn't say anthing at the time because I was so irritated at the time I just let it go. I took mental notes every time she brings him up.

A few days later she brings him up on cue like always and I question her about it. I'd been made at her for something else so I couldn't hold it in. I said you know its strange you keep bringing him up all the time, it's even stranger you mention him and I about our grey hairs and how he hides it with hair gel. Her reply was simply "so what, babe you are reading way to much into this". I replied that from where I stand it seems like you have a thing for your boss. At this point she didn't reply and I let it go till later in the eve. When I brought it up she said, "no way he isn't even good looking". In my mind this was the incorrect response from someone who is making a case. When she said it there was a little hesitation in her voice.

Now I don't think there is anything going on between them at this point, but it could be leading that way? I just have a gut feeling about this. However her routine has not changed, she calls me on her lunch every day, shows me the same amount of affection and is always where she claims to be.

It almost seems like she is maybe obbessed with him in some way? It also doesn't help that she has a cheating past, never cheated on me but has cheated on her ex husband twice that I know of. Am I being overly insecure here or do I have a reason to be concerned?

The next time she brings it up, point to your grey hairs and tell her that you have no intention of getting any more and this conversation is going to cause it.

If that's all she has to talk about, then I would also think that there is more to her story and I would let her know that she's on the verge of a bad argument if she doesn't stop PDQ. And your right. I think she might have a thing for this guy.

'You talk so much about him, I'd enjoy meeting him. Let's arrange that.'

Of course, that path appears to be water under the bridge. Since you have zero control over her, all you can do is control yourself? What's your choice here?

• Author
'You talk so much about him, I'd enjoy meeting him. Let's arrange that.'

Of course, that path appears to be water under the bridge. Since you have zero control over her, all you can do is control yourself? What's your choice here?

I just don't know what I should do...